12" sub recommendations?

NOSNotch

Founding Member
Oct 20, 2001
South Jersey
i'm lookin to replace the subs in my daily driver that are destroyed. already got a box for 12s and have a few year old sony amp rated at;
165x2 @ 4ohm
200x2 @2ohm &
400x1 @4ohm

just lookin to get two subs, dont want to spend the kinda money for one jl w7 but dont want junk either. any recommendations? thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

C'mon guys. Can you imagine what an L7 would sound like at 200 watts? Not much. He needs a loose suspensioned, high-efficiency woofer. If you want a high dollar woofer, go with an IDMAX or an Arc Audio Flatline. They'll sound great, and they'll get decently loud on the power you have. But, the Daytons I mentioned above will probably sound the same at that wattage, and they'll cost about 20%.

imho.... JL Audio 12" W1s.

best @ 1.25 ft3 (sealed) and 150-200 w rms (but runable to 300+ before you void the waranty)

Also reasonable priced at 99ea local, or 65-85ea on e-bay.

I love mine. They work great on a low power system.

Dave-
:nice: :flag:

I had a set of Alpines that could be built in a rather small box. They didn't take up much space. Plenty of trunk leftover.

You'll never go wrong with JL's.

I'm not sold in Infinity's. They're the only speakers I've ever blown. They don't like bass intensive music. I've heard that from a few sources and it held true for me too.