12" subs in convertibles backseat?

Discussion in 'Mustang Sound & Shine All' started by Schweetone4u, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Schweetone4u

Schweetone4u New Member

In a lowrider magazine, i saw a 94 Stang convertible with subs installed in the backseat. I have an 87 convertible. would it be possible to remove the back part of the back seat and make a speaker box and install it there? or would it be best to just take out the whole backseat and make a big ol speaker box and i was planning to wrap the box with dark blue crushed velvet. has anyone ever seen anything like this done? is fo.. what do you think would be best? I want either 12"s or 15"s.
  2. 98stangv8

98stangv8 New Member

let me tell you...with a convertible, space is soooo tight...especially for 12's. let alone 15's...if you want it to still look good....take a look at my setup, and it may give you some ideas, but these are only 10's in a sealed box..if you have any questions, just drop me an email...
  3. gruvee87vertgt

gruvee87vertgt New Member

I am in the process of fiberglassing some ten's in the rear armrest. It;s going to be alot of work. I also am finishing the fiberglass in the trunk for my 15. I will k.i.t with u and send pics.