12 year old vacuum lines - 99 GT

There's 8 pages of threads about vacuum here on Stangnet, but I can't find any that mention a source for new lines. I asked the parts counterman at Ford once, and he said they don't stock them.

Some of the vacuum lines on my '99 GT look "specialized", and I don't want to put any generic rubber lines in my engine compartment that might not hold up . I don' have any leaks right now, but some of my vacuum lines look as if they have reached the end of their lifespan.

So the question is : Where do you guys source replacement vacuum lines ? Thanks !

• Sponsors (?)

Most of the rubber lines your going to have to do your best to source from a local auto parts store or deal with what you have if Ford does not sell them. There are some in the engine bay that are plastic that you could maybe source from a junk yard. How bad can they really be at this point? I can see the rubber lines dry rotting but the plastic type should last until they get brittle and auto parts store sells plastic vac line and all sorts of fittings to suit what you need off the shelf. I'm in the end stages of my 04' PI swap in my 96' GT and all the vac lines are in great reusable condition still.

You can get them from Ford. the dealer probably does not stock them because they do not have a high enough sales volume to give them dealer shelf space. Parts departments can only have so much "idle inventory" which are parts that have not sold for 12 months. If they have over a set amount they cannot claim certain incentives that encourage wholesale sales.