1200$ for best upgrades. suggestions?

Nates02V6

Feb 22, 2004
ok, i have 1200$ after i get my tires and rims. got them coming for $1120 from tirerack. got the black on chrome SVT bullitts and BFG KDWS all seasons in 245/45/17 all the way around.

now, i dont want to go strait into super or turbo charging right yet. my uncle is a ford certified master mechanic, and when the time is right i will definitly do one of the above mentioned add ons with his help, but for now, i want to go for the looks, and for the basic beginning performance mods.

i want to start with suspension.
intake
drive train, and ingnition systems first.

pretty much, my vision is a 12 second 1/4 mile or better when im totally finished. <yes including turbo or super charging.

for now, i want to get her to around 14 sec on the 1/4 mi. :nice:

im thinking to start, i better get an 8.8" rear end to toss on it.
get some new gears.
pullies
lighter drive shaft
possibly clutch kit/light weight fly wheel
CAI
possibly a ford chip
headers.
BBK throttle body

what i have coming already are

Steeda Tri-Ax shifter
Bassani SS CatBacks.
the tires/rims mentioned above

what i have done already

35% tint all the way around <legal lol> i hate tickets and Ohio troopers are EVIL!! 85$ a pop for over 35% :(

K&N filter in stock CAI unit.
Bosch Platnum 4 Plugs

so what i ask is tell me some of the mods you would get for your beloved V6 stang. the good stuff to get me to 14 sec on the 1/4 track.

my stang is a 2002 hardtop, laser red. loaded.

let the wisdom flow!!!

thanks!

Nate

• Sponsors (?)

You definately want some gears and a tlok. I would get some 3.73's since you have a 5 speed. You already mentioned alot of stuff that will get you there it is just what order you want to do it in.

I went with the dual exhaust, gears, pullies, CAI first off. After that you will need some new heads and a cam if you want to get your 1/4 times down to 14's and lower. here is a couple go fast places for our sixes for you to look over.

www.rpm-mustangs.com
www.supersixmotorsports.com