$1200 stock intake?

94Blue302GT

Oct 20, 2003
Chicago
I've been looking at the possibility of parting out my motor and found on ebay an intake selling for $1200.

How do I know if I have any "gems"?

'66 coupe with stock 4bbl, but the motor isn't the original, so it doesn't match vin.

intake says fomoco; haven't checked much else, he painted everything blue....

• Sponsors (?)

Yea, there are some stock intakes that do sell for that. Mainly the multiple carb intakes, I don't see any of the single carb intakes that would command that price, not even the Shelby intakes (for a small block that is) Some of the big block sinlge four intakes will. Your intake has a casting number on the runners, just forward of the carb. Plus a date code. The casting numbers will be something similar to this: C6OE-9424-A . The date code is a number/letter/number(s) combo like this: 6C8 or 6B19. The last numbers are the day of the month it was cast, so could be any number from 1 to 31. The first number is the year it was cast, the decade is determined from the first two characters of the casting numbers (C6=1966, C=1960 decade, D=70's, E=80's, F=90's). The letter code in the date code is the month starting with "A" for January thru "M" for December, skipping the letter "I"

Also remeber that what someone's asking for a part on Ebay, isn't the same thing as what one will sell for. And determining the worth based on the selling price is also dependent upon the bidder's feedback rating. A winning bid by someone with less than a ten rating (to me) is not a valid sale, when it comes to high dollar auctions. There are many such where someone with a low fedback rating will stiff the seller and send no money.

Check this one out! If I remember right, I think the guy was asking somewhere in the neighborhood of around 4k for this Cross Boss I found at Tulsa a couple of years ago.

018.jpg

The only small-block, single-carb, inline-valve intake worth $1200, that I'm aware of, would be a small-letter '65 Cobra manifold as used on early GT350s.

Cross Bosses, Mini-Plenums, original individual-runner manifolds, and other rare race pieces...yeah, they can sell for quite a bit.