1200rpm fuel system shutter

v8carnut

Oct 30, 2005
Dallas TX
Ok I’m new to the forum, and I’m sure you all will be so nice when I ask the following question that’s probably been asked a 1000 times. So here it is.
I have an 01 Yellow GT 54k, auto (had to do the auto, wife can’t drive a standard.. notice how I didn’t say stick…) anyway I have the what I think is a fuel pressure problem at about 1200rpm. The car shutters if you let off the gas a little or accelerate a little at around 1200. I’ve heard others talk about this too, but not sure where to start. Ok bring on the slams… any of course and help or suggestions will be most appreciated… :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I changed the trans fluid and replaced and filter last week. The trans shifts better (it was dirty) but it didn’t help much. Then today after work I fired it up and it would start on the first key. Hit it again, then one more time and it started. It ran rough like a loaded up carburetor. It cleared and ran better, but was missing some. Then half way home the Check Engine light came on. Throttle, censer, O2’s not sure. I’ll have to get the codes pulled. Sometimes it sucks having a computer drive car. The bent screwdriver and duct tape trick doesn’t work so well on electronics… :bang: