12v switched wire???

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
Need a power supply for the arming switch on my nitrous system. The directions call for a 12v switched power supply, and I really don't know how to figure out what would qualify for that.

Any help is appreciated... this is the last thing I have to wire up I believe...:D

• Sponsors (?)

The convertable top power harness which is right by the shifter under the center console. It comes on when the key is on acc or "on". I have my radar detector running off of it.

Is it that cluster that clips into the back of the shifter bezel if you don't have a convertible? I cut it's mounting clip off so I could mount my switch in the shifter bezel, lol.

If that is it, which wire? I was eying that, but had NO idea what the hell it was. I figured traction control possibly. I saw a pinkish wire in there... but they are all very small.

When I installed the radar detector power in my car I used the open spot in the fuse block that is reserved for daytime running lights. This is switched by the key so when I turn on the car the radar detector comes on. It is very easy to do this.

I suggest you run a line off the fuse block using the daytime running light fuse position. Unless you have a Canadian car that spot in the fuse block should be available and is absolutely switched.

When I installed the radar detector power in my car I used the open spot in the fuse block that is reserved for daytime running lights. This is switched by the key so when I turn on the car the radar detector comes on. It is very easy to do this.

I suggest you run a line off the fuse block using the daytime running light fuse position. Unless you have a Canadian car that spot in the fuse block should be available and is absolutely switched.

Alright, that sounds like it will work.

It's not a Canadian car for sure.

Can you tell me where that spot is at? Is it on the drivers or passengers side fuse box, under the hood? I tried looking for a diagram but couldn't find it in the owners manual, or one I could actually understand in the Haynes manual.