13.90.....a big mahalo to stangnet!

ViperNuge

Sep 26, 2009
Maui
Last month I joined this forum to find out about which mustang to buy. You guys pointed me into the direction of the s197's with my goal of running 13 seconds or slower.

To my delight my first trip to the track with this car got me there in stock form.......just like you all said it would!:nice:

First run 2.30 in the afternoon, temps about 88`Density altitude was 2141 feet.

First run....60ft 2.22
13.96 @ 99.18

Best run....60ft 2.17
13.90 @ 99.06

I am thrilled that the car ran this good. I have read many of the threads stating it would do this but I was skeptical. I made about 8 runs. First three were back to back hot laps and as I expected the second and third were a tenth+ slower with a hot car.

When the sun set all my runs were 13.90 to 13.95 with the 60fts in the 2.17-2.18 range. I tried loading up the rpms at the start but never going over 2000 rpms. Nothing seemed to help the 60ft. I guess DR's will have to be in my future if I want to improve it.

Next month I will have the brenspeed tune/CAI installed and am excited to get going even faster.

It was a very successful first time to the track with my stang and I just wanted to extend a big mahalo (thank you) to all the members here whom contributed to helping me decide to purchase this car. It performed flawlessly.

On one of my runs I ran this guy with his 68 fastback. He flew to South Dakota to purchase it last winter and drove it to the west coast to ship to Maui. Had a 289 in it, not sure of his other mods. He was running low 14's with no traction.

patrick

• Sponsors (?)

Patrick - nice runs for such a high DA. Bone stock, 05+ GT Automatics tend to pull high 13's at 99-100 mph, so you're right on the money.

4.10 gears & tune, with drag radials, and my '07 GT Automatic was running 13.40's @ 102+. Big stall converter dropped it into the 13.20's @ 103 mph. Very basic supercharger dropped it into the 12.30's @ 111+.

That makes me feel real ashamed about my first run. I ran a 14.5 with a gt 5 speed. Of corse my 60ft time was veeeerrry embarrassing, and it was close to 95 dgrees, at least thats the excuse I am gonna use. hehe

Hell no dont fell ashamed dude. Shifting is the whole nother story. My first trip to the track with my vipertruck (stock) I ran a 14.3 and continued to suck for months. Finally I learned how to launch and shift and pulled a 13.59 . In a manual tranny you gotta get seat time at the track. I love shifting down the 1320 but its really hard to be consistant and win races, which is why I bought my auto stang.

patrick

Last month I joined this forum to find out about which mustang to buy. You guys pointed me into the direction of the s197's with my goal of running 13 seconds or slower.

To my delight my first trip to the track with this car got me there in stock form.......just like you all said it would!:nice:

First run 2.30 in the afternoon, temps about 88`Density altitude was 2141 feet.

First run....60ft 2.22
13.96 @ 99.18

Best run....60ft 2.17
13.90 @ 99.06

I am thrilled that the car ran this good. I have read many of the threads stating it would do this but I was skeptical. I made about 8 runs. First three were back to back hot laps and as I expected the second and third were a tenth+ slower with a hot car.

When the sun set all my runs were 13.90 to 13.95 with the 60fts in the 2.17-2.18 range. I tried loading up the rpms at the start but never going over 2000 rpms. Nothing seemed to help the 60ft. I guess DR's will have to be in my future if I want to improve it.

Next month I will have the brenspeed tune/CAI installed and am excited to get going even faster.

It was a very successful first time to the track with my stang and I just wanted to extend a big mahalo (thank you) to all the members here whom contributed to helping me decide to purchase this car. It performed flawlessly.

On one of my runs I ran this guy with his 68 fastback. He flew to South Dakota to purchase it last winter and drove it to the west coast to ship to Maui. Had a 289 in it, not sure of his other mods. He was running low 14's with no traction.

patrick
13.90 with a D/A of 2140" is about a 13.58 at sea level. Those are very good times for a stock car.

13.90 with a D/A of 2140" is about a 13.58 at sea level. Those are very good times for a stock car.

Its weird when you live at sea level and your track which seems to be at sea level (only a couple of miles inland) is not really at sea level after all! LOL

Yeah I am stoked the new stang ran so well. Cant wait till next month with the brenspeed tune and cai combo installed.:nice:

patrick

Its weird when you live at sea level and your track which seems to be at sea level (only a couple of miles inland) is not really at sea level after all! LOL

Yeah I am stoked the new stang ran so well. Cant wait till next month with the brenspeed tune and cai combo installed.:nice:

patrick

nice post, you don't mind if I continue to hate you because you live in one of the most beautiful places on earth and I don't, do you ?? JK !! :D

nice post, you don't mind if I continue to hate you because you live in one of the most beautiful places on earth and I don't, do you ?? JK !! :D

Nothing wrong with Vancouver, WA. Beautiful and green here in the Evergreen State! I live just a couple hours north of you near Tacoma. I have some friends in Battleground that you may know. Rob with an orange 07 Shelby GT500 (white stripes over the top and the FIA fender stripes like you have on your GT) and his wife, Tana, with a white 07 Mustang California Special.

Sh#t if you hate me now in October what about in January? :lol:LOL

I understand completly. I came here for a long surf vacation in Jan 88.....well lets just say I went back to the east coast only long enough for close out my life there and get back here asap......21 years later and still loving it!:D

patrick

Well, I'm glad to see that you broke into the 13 second zone first time out with a stock car. I have hope for this weekend now :)

This Sunday is the last test & tune of the year at my local track (National Trail Raceway), and I'm hoping that the weather will cooperate. It will be my first time down the track with my pretty much stocker as well. The only things that I have done are 1.5" FRPP lowering springs, SLP loudmouths, and a Brenspeed 93 Octane tune. I would be happy with low 14 second times, but I'd be exstatic if I got into the 13s. The good thing is that the temperature is supposed to be 61, and these cars run like a raped ape with a cool dense air charge. I was debating running last weekend, but i got to the track late and there were alot of delays for cleaning up the track of oil spills :(

I just noticed you two have basically the same avatar.

Other then that the beauty of these cars is their ability to do more with less compared with "other" comparable vehicles. 13s stock is a reality.

Well, I'm glad to see that you broke into the 13 second zone first time out with a stock car. I have hope for this weekend now :)

This Sunday is the last test & tune of the year at my local track (National Trail Raceway), and I'm hoping that the weather will cooperate. It will be my first time down the track with my pretty much stocker as well. The only things that I have done are 1.5" FRPP lowering springs, SLP loudmouths, and a Brenspeed 93 Octane tune. I would be happy with low 14 second times, but I'd be exstatic if I got into the 13s. The good thing is that the temperature is supposed to be 61, and these cars run like a raped ape with a cool dense air charge. I was debating running last weekend, but i got to the track late and there were alot of delays for cleaning up the track of oil spills :(

Dude you already have a brenspeed tune...............of course your gonna hit 13's. Prolly middle 13's...............if you got an auto, no biggie, if your shifting then its up to you. Your temps are gonna be 30 degrees lower than when I ran!!!

patrick

Nothing wrong with Vancouver, WA. Beautiful and green here in the Evergreen State! I live just a couple hours north of you near Tacoma. I have some friends in Battleground that you may know. Rob with an orange 07 Shelby GT500 (white stripes over the top and the FIA fender stripes like you have on your GT) and his wife, Tana, with a white 07 Mustang California Special.

I haven't seen the orange Shelby, but I will keep an eye out for it. My wife and I just recently started getting involved with some Mustang activities around the Portland area, so we don't know many Mustangers yet. But we will.

We're out in the Battleground area often. I have 1 daughter that plays premier soccer, and another daughter (out of 3, and 3 boys) that coaches. So we see alot of the beautiful state of Washington all year. Summer tournament season, the PDL season, high school season, winter indoor season, State Cup season,,,,it never ends.

No, there's nothing wrong with Vancouver, it is my home and my family's home. But dang man, middle of winter, rain everyday, cloudy everyday, and remembering how beautiful it was EVERYDAY during all the times I've been to Hawaii ? Hawaii is green, and WARM, with SUN. Tough to have a black car in the Pac NW, haha.

you didn't put the V6 pony grill, and did I see tri-bar running horse emblems instead of GT emblems on the fenders?, on your car to trick unsuspecting drivers into thinking you have a V6 did you ? Hmmmm ? :rolleyes:

Dude you already have a brenspeed tune...............of course your gonna hit 13's. Prolly middle 13's...............if you got an auto, no biggie, if your shifting then its up to you. Your temps are gonna be 30 degrees lower than when I ran!!!

patrick

Well, if I can keep the wheelspin under control then I should do ok....lol. It's a 5 speed, and I plan on granny shifting because I just can't get the hang of power shifting this thing. The stock shifter is just too notchy. I did put in royal purple synchromax today, so I'll see if that helps any.

I was talking with a guy last weekend that had a fox body with a rebuilt engine, and Edelbrock heads/cam/intake and he was getting low 14s. He might be a bit upset if I take my stock '05 out and manage mid to high 13s.