13" brake kits

ok FINE! I'm buying the Bullitt kit. *sigh* I'm convinced! I just hope the OEM rotors it comes with aren't *****. Also, should I buy stainless steal lines? Or just use the lines the kit comes with.

• Sponsors (?)

If you buy the kit from this company, www.performancepartsinc.com you can get the bullitt brake kit and swap the stock lines for stainless for a small price increase, just deal with the company and make them an offer.

I am planning a brake upgrade soon, I want to do 13" up front but I also want powerslots and hawk pads all around and there is no kit for that. Buying everyhting separately is more expensive.

I read because we have ceramic pads that the drilled and slotted rotors cause unnecessary wear on the ceramic pads which is bad. Also, I read that they are bad for the stability of the rotor. Hmmm...sometimes price != better stuff. ;-)

I look at it like this: I'm not running my stang on tracks. :)

I'm doing the Cobra fronts also to my GT. My questions is about the brake lines, do I need to get Cobra lines, I checked the part #s and it appears the GT and Cobra share the same lines. Or do I just need a new banjo bolt and washer.

jeffnoel said:
From that link I should be able to reuse my stock rubber lines till I have the spare cash.

MM Stainless Steel Brake Lines - 99-03 GT and 94-03 Cobra
Part #: MMBK3F

you can't re-use your stock gt lines from what i've been told. I asked around and everyone said NO. also you need to find out what year the calipers are because the 96-98/9 used smaller piston calipers then the newer cobras. Thats why i went with the bullits cause i knew they have the larger pistons. If you don't like the bullits the 03 cobra (red) are guaranteed to be better also. there are links to companies that offer these products in thid thread