13" rear brake issues

So after getting the 13" Cobra front upgrade my rear's looked like crap with that tiny rotor behind the Cobra R's. I put on 13" rear rotors and it looks nice. My problem is... even when using my old pads the caliper is constantly grabbing. I can barely turn the rotor by hand, and when I drove around the block I could hear the pads dragging and the rotor's were too hot to touch afterwards. What could be my problem?? Could the parking brake be always on since the rtotors are larger and now the caliper is farther away? I dont believe theres any way too adjust our parking brake cables on SN95's. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

All I gotta say Is a bought a set of those once(2 years ago), took them to my local tuner and he said they would not install them because in his words "they suck" and "Baer was going to do a recall, but they are flying off their shelves so they changed their minds. Rant.(noone ever listens)

It's my understanding the 13", vented rotor is thicker than the stock, solid (non-vented), 10". The Cobra pads are thinner to compensate for the thicker Cobra rotor. Installing Cobra pads will probably solve your problem.

Are they touching on both sides or only one. Grab a sharpie and draw a line on both sides. Then turn the rotor in your hand and see if both sides are rubbing. It may just be that the caliper bracket needs a shim.

Jakes said:
It's my understanding the 13", vented rotor is thicker than the stock, solid (non-vented), 10". The Cobra pads are thinner to compensate for the thicker Cobra rotor. Installing Cobra pads will probably solve your problem.
the 13" rear not a vented rotor, another reason why is is bad

Mossberg said:
Cobra brakes use a thinner rear pad.

But the baer 13" rear rotor is not vented. It's solid like the GT rotor and about the same thickness. Not very good for performance

There are a lot of issues with the 13" kit and the parking brake. Since the caliper is so far away, it sometimes engages the brake slightly since you have to stretch the cables to reach the caliper.

That's why guys like myself like to recommend the 11.65" vented Cobra setup over the 13" baer setup. It's cheaper, but offers a better rotor for performance and fits like it should