130 amp upgrade finished.

rockyracoon

10 Year Member
Nov 23, 2005
margate NJ
I did the upgrade this evening and it is beautiful.The gauge now pretty much stays right in the middle regardless of what is running.the whole thing only costed like $60.00...,25 bucks for the taurus alternator from the graveyard and $35.00 for wire,ring connectors, the fuse and holder, plus I got an extra fuse to keep in the glove box.I did have to grind the bracket a bit and clock the alt.I think with some of the other model ford alternators will just fit right in with no grinding, The pulley I used was from the existing alt and it looks like it may be an overdrive one,cause it is smaller than stock.

• Sponsors (?)

LOL, run the heater / full lights and fogs and you volt meter doesn't move. It is such a nice feeling.

Plus, if you add (or have) and electric fan, your car will thank you

Vinnietbird said:
Now,doesn't that feel better?Aren't you wondering why you didn't do the swap earlier?Now,go turn every power using accessory on and enjoy,because you can.

lol.

i just put a 160amp in mine 2 days ago, it cost $198 with a brand new 3g off ebay, and some 4 gauge cables from the local hardware store. they sent me 3 pages of test results on this thing! 169 max amps and 14.71 max volts.

everything works better now,my system is louder, lights are brighter, windows roll up faster, the lights dont dim when i slow down, my blinker is faster, and the biggest difference...the car runs COOLER, i had put an electric fan in a while ago but it wasnt getting enough juice with the stock alternator (55 amp)