130A vs 150A alternator for Ramcharger fan setup + accessories

Need some opinions-

I recently placed an order through Ramchargers for one of their dual fan setups w/wiring harness and was wondering which 3G alternator to purchase to cover the needs of the electric fans and my other accessories. I have the usual: AC, PW, PDL, radar detector, and my stereo, which isn't too outrageous-80W Alpine amp, 100W Sony amp, and a Punch 75. There are also the other mandatory accessories: headlights, turn signals, foglights, wipers, etc. Is the 130A 3G sufficient to handle everything I have, or should I get the 150? I currently have the POS 75A stocker and will be transferring over the overdrive pulley. Any advice appreciated. Oh, and do any other Ramcharger fan users have any input, and how clean was the install?

Later-
Hawaii-50

• Sponsors (?)

I have their fan ordered too. I have heard it takes awhile to get em, not sure about that though. I have the PA Performance alt 130amp and wiring kit. I got both becuase im not experienced with electrical stuff. My car caught fire few years back becuase of the STOCK wiring on the STOCK alt. So I was taking no chances this time. Everything went great on the install, very easy and straight-forward. I have had ZERO problems out of it, and it charges like a champ. I cant wait to get my fan in, everything about it seems to be great. Hope this helps ya mang.;)

Dave

Alternators are "averagley" rated. For example, take your average 130 amp alternator for the fords. They put out 80 amps at idle and have a surge of 160 at high revs/max capacity. Since they are variable loads and only put more strain on your crank with the more load you throw at the electrical system, just go for the 150 to give you a little room to grow. Also, the pulley that comes with the alternator (if so equipped) is an overdrive pulley in comparrison to the stock pulley anyway.

87'GTstang said:
Alternators are "averagley" rated. For example, take your average 130 amp alternator for the fords. They put out 80 amps at idle and have a surge of 160 at high revs/max capacity. Since they are variable loads and only put more strain on your crank with the more load you throw at the electrical system, just go for the 150 to give you a little room to grow. Also, the pulley that comes with the alternator (if so equipped) is an overdrive pulley in comparrison to the stock pulley anyway.
The one on my new 160 alt. is bigger than the stock pulley, its the same size as the underdrive pulley that come with the Ford Racing blue anodized U/D's.

cardudeusa said:
The one on my new 160 alt. is bigger than the stock pulley, its the same size as the underdrive pulley that come with the Ford Racing blue anodized U/D's.

You know, I had it in my head and typed it backwards. The 3G alternator comes with an U/D pulley and is bigger than the stock alternator pulley. Sorry about that.