131k miles.... H/C/I?

Daniel50

Mar 30, 2005
Discovery Bay, CA
ok i cannot make up my mind one second its h/c/i and another its new motor. i have 131k miles on my car. the first 123k spent time with some old church woman that lived down the street from me. and she drove like an old church woman. so it was not abused at all. now the motor runs great with no problems at all. compression test was great on it. car traps 101 all motor with minimal mods. here are the choices.

#1 Twisted Wedge Heads, TFS Stage 1 cam, Track heat intake, 1.6 rockers.

now thats what i really want but i am afraid that the motor wont last. the problem is i dont have a ton of money for a new shortblock so i would go for one of those on ebay. its a rebuilt 308 with new pistons, rods, crank, and bearings, and cam for about 1,000. but it comes with the hyper pistons. my block now has the forged. so i cant decide. what is the best way to go?

• Sponsors (?)

If I were you, Id go with the trickflow package, I just hate to do something half and know its not fully done correct, what I mean is, you will then have a shortblock with hypers instead of fordged...go ahead and save for the forged shortblock down the road, do the package now, thats my two cents haha

try not to get too exotic on a stock block though, forged pistons are a great addition, but honestly there's no real point to dropping an expensive forged crank and bada$$ h-beam rods into a stock 2 bolt block...the block will break before they will and possibly take out your expensive reciprocating assembly with it.

IMO, go with forged pistons, 5140 rods, nodular crank...my 2 cents

txstang84 said:
try not to get too exotic on a stock block though, forged pistons are a great addition, but honestly there's no real point to dropping an expensive forged crank and bada$$ h-beam rods into a stock 2 bolt block...the block will break before they will and possibly take out your expensive reciprocating assembly with it.

IMO, go with forged pistons, 5140 rods, nodular crank...my 2 cents

agreed :nice:

I did a trick flow H/C/I on my motor with 150k and i beat the piss out of it and spray'd on it still pulls perfect compresion and is in tip top shape, never underestimate the strenght and longevity of a 5.0 nucka