14.3 again....

i only have 19's but i need to upgrade, however 19's are supposed to flow enough for 320hp so i'm more thinking its more the meter, fuel pump, and no regulator. i plan on building a nitrous 331 soon so i won't need any more than the 24#ers, but i need something soon ill geta fuel pump and a regulator this christmas, and a maf shortly after when i decide what to do about injectors

• Sponsors (?)

Here is what you need that will work with your set-up now and your 331.

MAFS = Pro-M 77mm or 80mm or C&L but Pro-M is better

24lb injectors plenty for you now and great for your 331

255lph fuel pump Walbro, BBK, or Holley all the same

Kirban adj. fuel pressure regulator

3:73 gear

Dyno Tune

Then you will be low 13's for sure.

Have a great day! Hope this helps!

$uperstang said:
Here is what you need that will work with your set-up now and your 331.

MAFS = Pro-M 77mm or 80mm or C&L but Pro-M is better

24lb injectors plenty for you now and great for your 331

255lph fuel pump Walbro, BBK, or Holley all the same

Kirban adj. fuel pressure regulator

3:73 gear

Dyno Tune

Then you will be low 13's for sure.

Have a great day! Hope this helps!
13's? Pff He'll hit that with the correct maf,traction and practice. I would do the MAF first, you should notice a "HUGE" difference in performance!

stangjunkie said:
ok so in order

MAF (gotta go C&L going to 24's in the summer)
Fuel Pump
kirban FPR
Injectors
Dyno

12's

sound about right??

who knows from there
I would do this
Practice
Dyno
Maf & power pipe
Practice
Fuel pump
Practice
FPR
Injectors
Practice
Another Dyno for the before and after effect

you should be worthy of a 12 by now!

forget summer, buy the inj. off this or another site used. I recommended C&L (because I heard Pro-M is no longer in business), but I personally had Pro-M stuff back in the day.

Heck you could probably pick up a c&l used now somewhere to work with your current inj size.

stangjunkie said:
ok so in order

MAF (gotta go C&L going to 24's in the summer)
Fuel Pump
kirban FPR
Injectors
Dyno

12's

sound about right??

who knows from there

12's no, 13's yes after all these other mods.

12's when you get the 331? YES if you have practiced driving it. Trust me, to get to 12's will take more than what you think.

$uperstang said:
12's no, 13's yes after all these other mods.

12's when you get the 331? YES if you have practiced driving it. Trust me, to get to 12's will take more than what you think.

huh? why?

If I read right, he's already got an h/c/i combo, that should be good for 12's easy. Hell, there are a lot of people pulling high twelves with nothing other than ported e7's/intake and bolt ons. A set of gt40 irons, full bolt ons, and a good driver are good for twelves.

v8only said:
huh? why?

If I read right, he's already got an h/c/i combo, that should be good for 12's easy. Hell, there are a lot of people pulling high twelves with nothing other than ported e7's/intake and bolt ons. A set of gt40 irons, full bolt ons, and a good driver are good for twelves.

Because I am looking at the big picture. He has an HCI pkg, yes he is currently running 14's, so changing the MAFS, injectors and dyno tune will get him 2 seconds! No way, something tells me he needs a lot more practice powershifting this car to its fullest and launching it to its fullest potential. I am not saying he is a bad driver but driving a 5sp RIGHT to take .5 off your time can be done with two different drivers. I see all kinds of numbers on here posted all day long and some you beleive and SOME are for sure a lie. Take my car for example: 325 stroker, which puts out 312rwhp and 360rwtq through an AOD and it went 12.52 in the 1/4 on Nitto's with a 1.7 60'. That is a REAL LIFE number something I can prove with a time slip. Then you see others with 302's with ported E7's and a cam running 12.1 in notch 5spd. ARE THEY REAL NUMBERS Maybe but I don't see that type of **** happening at the track. Then I see 347 strokers and 331 strokers running 13.8's too. So What I am doing based on his current times is giving him some real information. Too many people fill his head with crap! "Dude get a new MAFS, new injectors and a dyno tune and you will be in the 12's for sure." This is not reality:nonono:

$uperstang said:
Because I am looking at the big picture. He has an HCI pkg, yes he is currently running 14's, so changing the MAFS, injectors and dyno tune will get him 2 seconds! No way, something tells me he needs a lot more practice powershifting this car to its fullest and launching it to its fullest potential. I am not saying he is a bad driver but driving a 5sp RIGHT to take .5 off your time can be done with two different drivers. I see all kinds of numbers on here posted all day long and some you beleive and SOME are for sure a lie. Take my car for example: 325 stroker, which puts out 312rwhp and 360rwtq through an AOD and it went 12.52 in the 1/4 on Nitto's with a 1.7 60'. That is a REAL LIFE number something I can prove with a time slip. Then you see others with 302's with ported E7's and a cam running 12.1 in notch 5spd. ARE THEY REAL NUMBERS Maybe but I don't see that type of **** happening at the track. Then I see 347 strokers and 331 strokers running 13.8's too. So What I am doing based on his current times is giving him some real information. Too many people fill his head with crap! "Dude get a new MAFS, new injectors and a dyno tune and you will be in the 12's for sure." This is not reality:nonono:

your times are right on the money, as my buddy with a 5 speed notch and 321 to the wheels has done a best of 12.1's with an h/c/i combo. I've seen afr headed s trimmed foxs running 13's too, lol. Most of the time it is the driver.

v8only said:
your times are right on the money, as my buddy with a 5 speed notch and 321 to the wheels has done a best of 12.1's with an h/c/i combo. I've seen afr headed s trimmed foxs running 13's too, lol. Most of the time it is the driver.

COOL so now we are on the same page and so is everyone :SNSign: with the new mods he will see 13's with the 331 he will see 12's! Put John Force behind the wheel in his current set up and he could see 12's NOW! :nice:

He does need to practice and get them 60fts down right. I would recommend the MAF, Injectors, Fuel Pump, and Fuel Reg. I ran 13.9s on a cammed only, AOD car stock 3.27 gears and trapped at 98mph. Even with current setup you should see mid to high 13s with the right 60ft looking at ur MPH.

GTOReturns said:
yeah but a 2.1 60ft is nothing to bost about.Get it down to a 1.8 and you can take 6 tenths off your time!:nice: The rule of thumb is for every point you lower your 60 you can take "2" tenths off your ET.

:nono: every .10 at 60ft will net you approx .15 on the top end.

His car will run 12's with the right driver and tires once he changes the inj and maf. Rev that ..... to 5k and dump it, and then try to rip the shifter out on every shift.:nice: