[email protected]. WTF!!! I hate my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

It wouldn't give you any performance gains. You would only lose performance.

What I mean is that the computer assumes a 10* timing advance, and adds timing as a function of rpm/load/etc. If you were to set your dist. timing at 30* & remove the spout it would only be optimal at very high rpm's (i.e. 4800rpm's or something). A static timing is not a good idea.

Anything lower then that (RPM wise) would be too much timing and would likely lose torque throughout the rpm's.
Scott

You will be OK when the conditions are nice. Heat and humidity will affect your runs so don't be disappointed. My car is capable of low 12's and my wife runs 15's in it ending up in 5th gear at the end.
She used to be pissed but she has improved lots since then. Don't be frustrated just correct yourself everytime.
I had Cobra intake, Bassani headers, BBK O/R H, MAC cat back, 65mm tb, 75mm maf, BBK CAI, MSD 6A, Centerforce, Steeda Tri-ax, 3:73's and ran 14.02 @ 98. That was my best time and I could never get over 100 mph or under 14.02 and I hated my car! My car is heavier but still I wanted 13's and did not get them until I added n2o (12.78 @ 109)
:nice:

Katmandu said:
Dude! That is one of the NICEST looking engine bays I have EVER seen!! :nice:

You guys gotta see this!

http://www.jrfuller.com/94SC50-motor.html

:OT: my friend, we have all seen it several times over :rolleyes: Stick around for a few days and you will have too! I bet most of us have even shown it to people we know. I know every time I'm shootin the chit with a car guy I'm like "man you gotta see this thing" and we scoot on over to his site and check it out. Search for the thread where a model requested to use his car in a shoot... I think 1105 called it car **** and I agree. I have also pimped Oink's and Killer's rides as well. :hail2:

stang976 said:
what do you guys mean by "spout"???
It is what you pullout to set timing or to lock your timing at a specific degree. It is located on the TFI wiring.

spout.jpg

SuperDust22 said:
My 60's were anywhere from 2.3 to 2.4. I don't understand my they are so bad. I have an ADOE so its not hard to launch. I really think I need a tune. My car felt like **** until 3rd then it would start going. Any ideas why? Nik did you ever see me run? How bad did I spin?

I don't get it... you were hitting 2.3 - 2.4 60ft and you don't know how bad you were spinning? But then you agree about the stall speed information that Killercanary was talking about. What KillerCanary was saying was it would stall LESS.... meaning you most likely weren't spinning at all. Don't assume that street tires + mustang = wheel spin. ESPECIALLY in an AODE.

When I switched to my Cobra Intake, I didn't gain in the 1/4 mile ET either. But I did trap more as you say you did. The reason.... as stated by others in here, we've moved our power curve UP... which makes our cars bog out of the hole and basically kills our low end grunt to get us moving. I would be willing to bet you didn't spin one bit. My car doesn't.

Tell me how you are launching.... I'll tell you what I do differently and what works for my AODE.... try if you like, maybe it'll help you as well. Either way... WATCH YOUR SPEEDO WHEN LAUNCHING....and watch your tach!!! That will tell you if you are spinning or not and you will have the keys to the city when you figure that out. :nice:

BTW - I recently bought a bigger stall as recomended by my tranny guy. Now I'm on my 3rd one! The first one sent we assume was a truck stall. It stalled at 1k rpm. I gained a half second at the track... back to a 15.3 with a 2.4 60ft. NO SPINNING. :bang:

The owner custom built a stall for me and dyno tested it personally. Guess UPS dropped the damn thing cause it worked for 60s and 10-15 feet before the stator started shreading inside. Shinny glitter in the fluid. :nonono: It did stall nice though! So I have hope....

I'm suppose to get the 3rd replacement this week and a refund of $125 for the trouble and tranny fluid I've wasted. My club has the local track on the 22nd and I hope to test it out that night along with some stickies.... if this one is bad, I'll race on the stock stall. My car should hit a 14.5 and a 12.9 or faster.

Explain your launches in detail and I'll reply if you want. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.