[email protected]. WTF!!! I hate my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

If he's spinning off the line... than he doesn't need a stall. He needs traction and that should be a common sense thing. Through all of this post, I've never read anyone suggest he had TOO much power as the reason he would slow down.

Guess for those of us that are not familiar with his car, we need more information like a timeslip in DETAIL from before the swap and a DETAILED one from the night in question.

If everything is BETTER but the 60ft... then your answer is either traction problems or bogging. If it's there is a difference in the middle of the track, then his tranny is probably on the way out or not setup right. See my point? Information is the key....

BTW - are you manually shifting? If so what rpm???

gcomfx.com said:
I don't get it... you were hitting 2.3 - 2.4 60ft and you don't know how bad you were spinning? But then you agree about the stall speed information that Killercanary was talking about. What KillerCanary was saying was it would stall LESS.... meaning you most likely weren't spinning at all. Don't assume that street tires + mustang = wheel spin. ESPECIALLY in an AODE.

When I switched to my Cobra Intake, I didn't gain in the 1/4 mile ET either. But I did trap more as you say you did. The reason.... as stated by others in here, we've moved our power curve UP... which makes our cars bog out of the hole and basically kills our low end grunt to get us moving. I would be willing to bet you didn't spin one bit. My car doesn't.

Tell me how you are launching.... I'll tell you what I do differently and what works for my AODE.... try if you like, maybe it'll help you as well. Either way... WATCH YOUR SPEEDO WHEN LAUNCHING....and watch your tach!!! That will tell you if you are spinning or not and you will have the keys to the city when you figure that out. :nice:

BTW - I recently bought a bigger stall as recomended by my tranny guy. Now I'm on my 3rd one! The first one sent we assume was a truck stall. It stalled at 1k rpm. I gained a half second at the track... back to a 15.3 with a 2.4 60ft. NO SPINNING. :bang:

The owner custom built a stall for me and dyno tested it personally. Guess UPS dropped the damn thing cause it worked for 60s and 10-15 feet before the stator started shreading inside. Shinny glitter in the fluid. :nonono: It did stall nice though! So I have hope....

I'm suppose to get the 3rd replacement this week and a refund of $125 for the trouble and tranny fluid I've wasted. My club has the local track on the 22nd and I hope to test it out that night along with some stickies.... if this one is bad, I'll race on the stock stall. My car should hit a 14.5 and a 12.9 or faster.

Explain your launches in detail and I'll reply if you want. :shrug:

I figured that I would lose low end with the intake but I thought I would make up for it in the long run. I though I was spinning and when I asked people they all told me I was. They could even hear me wheel hop real bad on one run. And they weren't even close to me. The first run I bought the rpms to 1500ish then just stopped on it when green, I ran a 14.9 that run. The second one I launch as hard as that AODE could. That's when I got the wheel. I didn't look at the tach on that one. I when at high as I could before the tires would start to spin. Third run I launch at idle. And so did I on the last. Each time got worst and worst. I tried almost everything.

But you never looked at your speedo to see how bad you were spinning or for how long? Can you post a full timeslip? We can compare slips to see where all your time was lost. No offense to your friends, but mine say I spin like a ******, but I know better as I keep a close eye on the speedo and the rpms. Unless you see a spike that you need to hold it back from shifting... my AODE really needs that spin to launch well.

I've never had a problem launching my car. Spinning is not an issue, but I always run good tires.

From the looks of your burnout video, it really looks like your car wants to hook up. That's one of the reasons I figured your car would behave similar to mine.

For me to get my best times on the stock stall and nice street tires. I have to hit it from a dead idle and get the tires to spin for about 2 feet. Anything less than that and it bogs out of the whole a bit losing a few tenths. I really hope that this stall, if I ever get a good one, will actually cause traction issues on street tires. Since Im running bone stock suspension, I've only got room to improve on that.

timslips.jpg

I can't quite make out what your 330ft is on your old slip, but you are definately picking your time up on the big end.

To me it looks like you are blowing the tires on the line. And either not getting out of it, or getting out of it too much and bogging. It all seems to be in the first half of the track.

I would love to see a video of your launch or see it in person. It's so strange to me that our cars could be that different. There aren't many AODE 94-95s where I live. :( Some guys think my car hooks because the timing is set so low that it's not making much power. But I can hit the juice from 2 feet off the line without much problems at all. :shrug:

Another question: Are you manual shifting to get the extra out of your intake? I push mine an extra 400rpm above where it shifts on it's own to get another tenth or two out of a run.

Here's one of my similar timeslips. Someone jump in here and do a comparison.
14_95.gif

Attachments

• 14_95.gif
    14_95.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 58
dam ive ran the stang at least 20 times at the track, and only ran 15's twice. all have been, from 14.96 down to 14. flat, the 14.96 being just catback and cai. something is wrong.

Guero said:
dam ive ran the stang at least 20 times at the track, and only ran 15's twice. all have been, from 14.96 down to 14. flat, the 14.96 being just catback and cai. something is wrong.

You also have a five speed which makes a huge diff. I also got the old green car down to a 14.5 with better weather. You must remenber I live in AZ, it can still be a 100 at night.

Dustin

67cougerrr said:
maybe you just dont know how to drive a car practice on gran tourismo for a bit and maybe you might be able to beat those pesky "stock v6 cameros" dummy

Damn you are a loser to pull up a thread that is almost two years old. Who the hell would want to search for it. I don't even have that car anymore. Get a life. Loser. Later troll.

Dustin

Status
Not open for further replies.