15" tires vs 18" tires

I was wondering peoples opinion on 15" tires vs 18" tires my brother is always talking smack about my 18" rims and tires and would never buy anything bigger then a 15" because he says you cant get tracking. But I have a set of M/T drag radials on my 18" bullets and they stick ALL day on the road. Both cars are street driven and I relize 15 would be better in the track for a bigger side wall but neither car see's much track time. So is one better then the other for street use?

• Sponsors (?)

A lot of guys going 1.3-1.4 60ft's with 18 inch MT's and running single digits. I went through a couple 305/35 18's and they held fine at 435rwhp. At 672rwhp, I ran 275/40 17 drag radials and they hooked fine. At 900+rwhp, I plan on running 305/45 18's if I can get them to fit.

Show your brother this and ask him if he still believes 18's don't hook in a 5-6 speed car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i85hEbuH8VU&feature=player_embedded

Ya I would def. say that them 18's didnt have an issue going down the track. He has a 67 mustang but I still think a nice set of 17-18's would look pretty nasty but he likes the old school. He also does not like........fuel injection! hahahaha, and as it stands right now my 18's would hook better then his 15" street radials!

Well I think the vette runs 20in tims in the back. But his brother is saying his 15s r are better for the side wall I'm assuming! But I'm sure the vettes side wall is even smaller yet. So his debate on side wall is quickly proven false wit that video. I'm sure your car looks better anyways just cuz I don't like anything smaller then 18s on our cars. The only thing he's got goin is his cars prob a little smoother goin down the road. But id sacrifice looks for ride quality on that one