Wheels-Tires 15" Tires

Calypso Cruiser

Nov 11, 2013
Calgary
so I picked up some 15x7.5 centerline rims. pretty light weight rims. I should drop 15-20 lbs. per corner over my 17" cobra R wheels set.
I use my Mustang as a fun street car. good handling and smooth-ish ride are important. going to a light weight 15" rim will give me a bit more sidewall for a smoother ride, im just not sure what tire size I should go with?
ive been looking at the cooper cobras, bfg radial t/a and mickey Thompson sportsman. A safe fit in the rear looks like a 245/6015.
but for the front I was thinking the 235/6015. I really don't want the tires to rub but id still like a big enough tire for good handling and grip.
anyone run this combo?

• Sponsors (?)

Cooper Cobras are a pretty hard compound tire. They should wear really well and begin to stick after getting good and warmed (ok sorta stick).

You'll never launch worth a crap from Cooper Cobras. Even a healthy stock 5oh can roast them with 2:73s.

If you're looking for great touring tire for your Fox then they are probably what you're looking for.

In your other post you want to add a strut tower brace, presumably for handling, in this one you want remove your 17 inch cobra R wheels for 15 inch 7.5 center lines? You want handling but by going to a 15 inch wheel you are going to need a tall tire on a more narrow rim, so you can throw that handling plan out the window.
Car may ride a little better, but it's likely going to handle much worse.

I'd also be greatly worried about how it's going to look.

Reactions: 1 user
In your other post you want to add a strut tower brace, presumably for handling, in this one you want remove your 17 inch cobra R wheels for 15 inch 7.5 center lines? You want handling but by going to a 15 inch wheel you are going to need a tall tire on a more narrow rim, so you can throw that handling plan out the window.
Car may ride a little better, but it's likely going to handle much worse.

I'd also be greatly worried about how it's going to look.

Well I want my cake... and I want to eat it too:)
im more concerned about the tire sizes fitting properly. I get parts/tires for cost at the shop I work at so I like trying different things out. Something new every year... maybe I have ADD as well...