150 shot and 93 octane?

90_Red_LX

Sep 29, 2003
Asheboro, NC
Would it be wise to put the 150 jets in the car with just pump gas? I know the timing will have to be pulled back, which is another thing insane, I run 25* all motor and 22* on the spray with no problems at all. Don't have a clue as to why it likes it that high either but it runs like crap below 20*.

Anyways would that be safe to do that or should I run a pump gas/race gas mixture? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Would it be wise to put the 150 jets in the car with just pump gas? I know the timing will have to be pulled back, which is another thing insane, I run 25* all motor and 22* on the spray with no problems at all. Don't have a clue as to why it likes it that high either but it runs like crap below 20*.
Anyways would that be safe to do that or should I run a pump gas/race gas mixture? Thanks.

25* initial? Do you have the distributor locked out? If so why did you start at 25*? The recommended starting point for total advance is 36*.

Pump gas is fine to run with nitrous, but you need to read the plugs and listen for detonation and adjust your timing accordingly.

It's a wet kit.

It's a stock type balancer but it's a year old almost to the day. Anythign below 20* the car runs like pure crap, hesitates, and just acts like a car without enough timing in it. Also the spout is still in the car, so no the dizzy isn't locked out. Makes no sense why it's that high if the marks are correct, but thats what it takes for it to actually run good.

It's a wet kit.

It's a stock type balancer but it's a year old almost to the day. Anythign below 20* the car runs like pure crap, hesitates, and just acts like a car without enough timing in it. Also the spout is still in the car, so no the dizzy isn't locked out. Makes no sense why it's that high if the marks are correct, but thats what it takes for it to actually run good.

When you installed the new balancer did you check the timing mark @ 0* with the #1 cylinder at TDC. Some balancers will come with the marks offset from the factory location, and you have correct it with timing tape or relocating the pointer. Not trying to talk down to you, just trying to figure this thing out. What is your total advance at 2500 rpm?

When you installed the new balancer did you check the timing mark @ 0* with the #1 cylinder at TDC. Some balancers will come with the marks offset from the factory location, and you have correct it with timing tape or relocating the pointer. Not trying to talk down to you, just trying to figure this thing out. What is your total advance at 2500 rpm?

The #1 cylinder rockers were installed at TDC according to their movements and the balancer was right on the money at 0*. As far as a piston stop I didn't go that far to check TDC. Not sure what the advance is at 2500 rpm I'll see if I can check ti tommorow.