150 stop and go miles with the Spec Stage 3 and still chatter

• Sponsors (?)

Well My spec stage 2 just came in the mail. I'm very tempted to send it back and just go all out and order a centerforce because I have always heard so much better on them. Anyone have a suggestion or comment to this? Also if I do send it back they will charge me $80 bucks for sending it back..

The SPEC Stage 2 is almost exactly like the Centerforce as far as power handling. However, I had a centerforce and a spec, so I'll list the pros and cons.

Spec grabs great, but a little heavier, but great pedal feel.

Centerforce is extremely light! But, will wear sooner and doesn't grab as well. The pedal might get a little spongy after heating up..

500 miles and no chatter at all going forward. Reverse still chatters, but no bad... I absolutely love this clutch now. I went through three gears full throttle. The result: a 200 ft. dark black burnout mark.

you guys just wait...i have the spec stage 2 and it sucks my dick off. i still have chatter. and since i had it put in everything else in the transmission has beeing going. my car is actually in the shop right now having hte throwout bearing changed because there is about 1/4 inch worn off it. i wont ever buy a SPEC again.

mkzimms said:
you guys just wait...i have the spec stage 2 and it sucks my dick off. i still have chatter. and since i had it put in everything else in the transmission has beeing going. my car is actually in the shop right now having hte throwout bearing changed because there is about 1/4 inch worn off it. i wont ever buy a SPEC again.
how many miles on the clutch? mine has 14k and its doin great. it just loosened up. but i did have the same problem as you w/ everything in the tranny going when i put in the new clutch. maybe its too grabby for out stock trannys?:shrug: