$1500, what do I buy next?

Steve-Os95GT

Jun 21, 2005
I am laying down up to $1500 on my 95GT and can't figure out what to do next. She is my daily driver and I am thinking of putting a suspension on her. I also need a complete exhaust, what type? What do I do? :shrug: BTW, only a couple more weeks and I will be back home out of the dam_ed dessert. :flag:

95GT Stock 302 bottem end. P. Products Typhoon upper/lower intake, MAC shorty headers, Cam, Underdrive pullies, MAC CAI, 1.7 roller rockers, Lifters, Edelbrock Performer RPM heads (out the box), Diablo Sport tune, 70mm TB. 3:73s, Subframe connectors, Lowering Springs, Caster camber kit, 18" Saleen rims w/ Nitto Extremes.
294rwhp 327rwtq

• Sponsors (?)

Keep saving >>>>>>>>> & get a turdblow :banana:

J/K.... you should be able to take care of all your suspension needs and exhaust needs with that much, depending on what you want/get. I say get an X-pipe (catted if need be), and whatever catback fits your preference. From what I can catch, SLP's have the best of all worlds.

Suspension..... I dunno..... you already have the SFC's, C/C kit, and lower springs. I'd get some good quality UCA/LCA's.

OT: Just wondering...... what cam do you have?

SeventyMach1 said:
Keep saving >>>>>>>>> & get a turdblow :banana:

J/K.... you should be able to take care of all your suspension needs and exhaust needs with that much, depending on what you want/get. I say get an X-pipe (catted if need be), and whatever catback fits your preference. From what I can catch, SLP's have the best of all worlds.

Suspension..... I dunno..... you already have the SFC's, C/C kit, and lower springs. I'd get some good quality UCA/LCA's.

OT: Just wondering...... what cam do you have?

Dunno which cam I have. It was already on the car when I bought it (dealership). I am kind of new to the "lingo" on here, what is UCA/LCA's and SLP's? Thanks for the advice.

Steve-Os95GT said:
What about shocks and struts? Everybody says, "adjustable." If I NEVER take my car to the track, do I need adjustables or wil non-adjustables work just as fine with my daily driver?

The only advantage to having adjustables is to be able to change the ratings on them, you can dial them in for drag racing. If your driving is mainly confined to the street, non-adjustables work just fine.

As for your original question, UCA/LCA's are a great mod for fairly cheap. I got my weightjackers and uppers for under $400 and installed them myself. You'll definitely notice an improvement in traction with the lowers, and a decrease in axle deflection (the wiggling feeling from the rear-end when coming out of a corner fairly aggressively) with the uppers. MAC makes decent exhaust products for real cheap, however their fitment isn't always the greatest. BBK is usually a little bit better, and a little bit pricier. Either way you go, you'll be real happy with what you get I think. Good luck! :nice: