160 mph speedo?

• Sponsors (?)

I think when i had 2.73's, I could see 85MPH in 2nd. I remember when i ran the 1/4 mile, it was just shifting into 3rd with the AOD when i crossed the traps.

In my '03, i think i'm shifting into 3rd gear around 75MPH

been there done that, just put the 160 speedo in your cluster
there is a wiring diagram on how to swap the different years, dont do it
pull your speedo out and replace only the speedo

how hard is it to pull apart? also want the tach to. have heard there is trimming involved since it will go in a 89 cluster?

how hard is it to pull apart? also want the tach to. have heard there is trimming involved since it will go in a 89 cluster?
Why bother with the tach too? You have that nice ,AutoMeter is it? I saw one where the dude made just a blank ABS plastic piece (avaliable at ANY car stereo shop) to cover the stock tach and then put the tribar pony emblem there and it looked killer. Hell even a neater thing would be a small nav system, like a TomTom1 and put it in that spot.......wait dont! I wana do it when I get my Fox!

BTW, everytime I see your signature pic of your notch I spluge just a little. Im starting to look foreward to the Cobra selling just so I can start playing with a Fox again :rlaugh: :flag:

its real simple to pull out the speedo, you should only have to trim one corner to get the 160 to fit in
the tach is not removable like the speedo, mine car is a 4 cylinder conversion so i had to unhook the factory tach, i like the idea of putting abs over it with the running pony on it

Why bother with the tach too? You have that nice ,AutoMeter is it? I saw one where the dude made just a blank ABS plastic piece (avaliable at ANY car stereo shop) to cover the stock tach and then put the tribar pony emblem there and it looked killer. Hell even a neater thing would be a small nav system, like a TomTom1 and put it in that spot.......wait dont! I wana do it when I get my Fox!

BTW, everytime I see your signature pic of your notch I spluge just a little. Im starting to look foreward to the Cobra selling just so I can start playing with a Fox again :rlaugh: :flag:

ya it has an autometer tach, I dont ever look at it though cause its off to the side and I normally just shift by the light or sound when not racing. but havent had the chance to run this as I dont feel its track worthy yet. but hopefully by the end of summer but most likely not till next year. guy before me did some shady things that need to be fixed 1st.

thanks, I sold my 03 and I regret it every day but was nice to finally pick up a fox. but my reason is I want a house and the car payment wasnt helping me pay off my other bills. want zero debt to income ratio. got to get me a garage!