17" Cobra R's tire size

cwdunnet

Aug 12, 2005
toronto
hey i just got my 17*9 cobra r's all the way around. and i am about to put them, i got 255/40/17's all the way around to, and i they guy said that is is gonna be a an inch shorter than stock one? might be to wide...i am sure, but i called 1-800 tire dept, and he told me 17*9 will fit and the 255/40/17 will fit no prob, just wondering whos got this combination and if it works good. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

i've got the eibach pro springs with the 9" cobras.the only rubbing is on the lower control arm and rack limiters would fix that.i've ran 3 different sizes with no rubbing.225/55 fronts with 235/55s rear,245/45s all around and my current combo of 255/40s front and 275/40s rear.

I just got Cobra R's from AFS. I got 17x8 front and 17x9 rear, both with 255/40's.

Now the fronts rub the front of the wheel well really bad at full lock, I'm gonna have to do some cutting of the plastic splash guard & ground effect. What else can i do? Will the rack limiter resolve this, or is that solution only for rubbing the control arm? It doesn't rub the arm, prob. because i got 17x8 instead of 17x9.

Stock susp.

In the rear, the quads rub the tire, so I'm gonna have to invert, or replace the lowers and remove the quads. What a f'n project this has become.

255 on an 8" rim is a bit of a tight squeeze, doesn't it kind of bubble outward on the edges? 235's on the front fit well, 245 on the front start pushing the limits but are really as far as would really like to go without having to do some half-ass modifications.