17" ET Streets

UnderdogGN

May 7, 2006
Does anyone have experience with 17" M/T ET Streets? I need a new set of tires and its between those (26.5 x 11.5 x 17) and the M/T ET street radials in 275/40/17. The regular Et streets are a little cheaper. Im just wanting input on tread wear and traction.
thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

my buddy had them on his cobra...the traction was unbelievable. the treadwear was not. He blew threw them in 2 weeks. Although he drove ALOT and for the most part WOT. If your not constantly spinning them or getting on it, the tread wear is not horrible

Hmm, i think wear on them would be bearable since i only drive my car in nice weather on weekends. I also think traction would be better with the non radial et streets since they are a wrinkle wall tire correct? I just need something that will actually hook up well unlike my crap Nittos lol. Plus i think et streets would look bada$$ on my car. What kind of pressure do you run those at on street/track?

I think the traction between the two will be pretty similar, and of course the DR version should last longer.

A friend has the 17" MT DRs on his coupe and has been a best of 9.17 on them with a 1.4x 60ft. Id say they worked.... this is a 3400 street car.

MrXCESSIVESPEED- man your car looks plain bada$$! i never have really liked green on cars but that color on your car looks sick. Do you have any full pics of it? Whats your set up?
just curious

And for the Et streets... i know they will both hook and the DR's should last a bit longer. But i may just go with the regular et streets because they are a bit cheaper and a bit narrower i think, so they wont rub my tailpipes.

Thanks, I appreciate it :nice: I have tons of pics lol.... you can find a few in my garage (link under username) and also in the "nicest fox" thread.

Well no matter which tire you choose, im sure you will be happy. FWIW I run a 275/50/15 MT DR on a 10" wheel and have zero clearance issues with tailpipes.

I have heard nothing but good things about the new ET street drag radials. Apparently they hook quite well even on the street...and even WITHOUT heating them up. Tread wear is obviously horrid...about 5k miles if you are easy on them. But the traction is spectacular.

My brother ran some 275 nitto DR's and they were horrible. Even with a stock sn-95 stick car with 3.55s and no motor work...he would blow them off even after a 10 second burnout. They sucked!

hahah that is exactly what im working with right now, the nitto drag radials in 275/40/17. They completely suck on the street and at the track! Im not sure why but for some reason my tailpipes must be different than others. I have a hooker 2.5" catback and it rubbed my nittos, which run narrower than the MT DR's. Weird because i had an old 3" MAC cb on it years ago and they didnt rub with those????
anyway thanks for the reply

I have heard nothing but good things about the new ET street drag radials. Apparently they hook quite well even on the street...and even WITHOUT heating them up. Tread wear is obviously horrid...about 5k miles if you are easy on them. But the traction is spectacular.

My brother ran some 275 nitto DR's and they were horrible. Even with a stock sn-95 stick car with 3.55s and no motor work...he would blow them off even after a 10 second burnout. They sucked!

It sounds like your brother needs a lesson or two in driving. On stock to modest h/p levels the nitto's offer really the best of both worlds. He should have no problems cutting 1.7-1.8 60's.

With that said, once you reach higher h/p levels getting decent 60's with them is just plain un-fun. Now that I drive it far less I can justify throwing on a set of ET street radials for regular/track duty. With the exception of quick tire wear, I have yet to hear anything bad about them.

hahah that is exactly what im working with right now, the nitto drag radials in 275/40/17. They completely suck on the street and at the track! Im not sure why but for some reason my tailpipes must be different than others. I have a hooker 2.5" catback and it rubbed my nittos, which run narrower than the MT DR's. Weird because i had an old 3" MAC cb on it years ago and they didnt rub with those????
anyway thanks for the reply

Its because not all cat back mfgs bend and route the taipipes the same way. When I bought my LX it had a Mac catback and chrome pony wheels with DRs. There was hardly any room between the tire and tailpipe, but now with the Flowmaster catback and the 10" wheel there is quite a bit more room.

The 2 people I know personally with ET Street radials had terrible experiences with them. The rubber sort of peels on the tread surface with street driving, and I've seen them do this on a lot of other cars. My buddy had 275/15s on his car when it had a Powerdyne (est. 300rwhp) and they wouldn't hook for ****. He never did burnouts, just a couple when we were trying to make them hook, and they lasted 2k miles on the street. The others are on a h/c/i car and he has the same exact problems. My buddy with the Powerdyne now has a setup that's 200rwhp more with the same size BFG drag radials and it hooks FAR better on the street than the MTs did with less power. They've also lasted probably twice as long now, with track passes and a lot more burnouts, and still have a decent amount of life left.

Wow thats actually the first bad things ive heard about the MT's. My uncle runs a set of the MT drag radials on his grand national. I know what you mean about them sort of peeling off. Anyway he has a BONE STOCK suspension and runs 275/50/15 sized tires and cut a 1.58 60 ft! Get this, the grand national guys like to run those size tires on their stock 7" wide wheels! lol
So which do you guys think would wear faster? the et streets, or et street radials?

I have done the same on my own car but i will never recommend it to a customer no way!!!!!!! It kind of squares up again after 50-60 mph though don't it

yea i do have to agree. after about 50 or 60 they do seem to even out a good bit. i do actually like the way that the MT E.T. Streets actually hook. sometimes its actually worth it even though its a little harsh at times. every time ive gone to the track the MT drag radials have hooked really really good with no issues what so ever

Wow thats actually the first bad things ive heard about the MT's. My uncle runs a set of the MT drag radials on his grand national. I know what you mean about them sort of peeling off. Anyway he has a BONE STOCK suspension and runs 275/50/15 sized tires and cut a 1.58 60 ft! Get this, the grand national guys like to run those size tires on their stock 7" wide wheels! lol
So which do you guys think would wear faster? the et streets, or et street radials?

I'm thinking they work a lot better on the track than the street. I hear great things about them at the track, but they don't seem to do **** on the street.