17" ET Streets

• Sponsors (?)

I had em and got caught in a down pour, I started fish tailing @ 45 mph! There good, just can't drive with them in the weather. Nitto DR's handle AWESOME in the rain and are 140 a piece.

yeah if you dont pay attention, I drive my BALD mt et's through the rain.

MT ET radials hook really damn hard on the street, Im able to come out at about 5k slipping on the street after a quick burnout.

yeah if you dont pay attention, I drive my BALD mt et's through the rain.

MT ET radials hook really damn hard on the street, Im able to come out at about 5k slipping on the street after a quick burnout.

Huh. Maybe we needed to experiment more with air pressure and stuff. My buddy's VHT prepped BFGs @ 15psi will dead hook at 5500 on the street with 475rwhp :D It's a beautiful thing.

It sounds like your brother needs a lesson or two in driving. On stock to modest h/p levels the nitto's offer really the best of both worlds. He should have no problems cutting 1.7-1.8 60's.

With that said, once you reach higher h/p levels getting decent 60's with them is just plain un-fun. Now that I drive it far less I can justify throwing on a set of ET street radials for regular/track duty. With the exception of quick tire wear, I have yet to hear anything bad about them.

I dont think thats the problem. I'm talking about traction on the street, not the track. That being said, the nitto's just plain suck...I have been in BFG drag radial cars that hook almost as well on the street as they do on the track!!! My brother can't drop the clutch from any higher than 3500 without blowing the nitto's off on the street. This is with a heavy 94 gt with 3.55's, K&N, timing at 14°, and slp mufflers...thats it!

And then someone will mention that they can dead hook on BFG's on the street from 5500 rpm with way more power than my brother is making. Even if they dont dead hook...thats still way better than those nittos can offer. I've heard that plenty of times about the BFG's and WT radials....but never the nitto's...they just plan suck.

I dont think thats the problem. I'm talking about traction on the street, not the track. That being said, the nitto's just plain suck...I have been in BFG drag radial cars that hook almost as well on the street as they do on the track!!! My brother can't drop the clutch from any higher than 3500 without blowing the nitto's off on the street. This is with a heavy 94 gt with 3.55's, K&N, timing at 14°, and slp mufflers...thats it!

And then someone will mention that they can dead hook on BFG's on the street from 5500 rpm with way more power than my brother is making. Even if they dont dead hook...thats still way better than those nittos can offer. I've heard that plenty of times about the BFG's and WT radials....but never the nitto's...they just plan suck.

Hmm, so he was dumping the clutch on the street and wondering why they wouldn't hook? Hell, many people can't dump the clutch running BFG's at the track without spinning. Seriously, you shouldn't expect to be able to dead hook with any drag radial on the street, especially with hp/tq figures higher than stock using a manual tranny.

No one is arguing that BFG's will hook better than Nitto's, but honestly…there is not a better comprimise out there between mileage and traction than what Nitto has to offer.

He's running a STOCK 94gt with a STOCK clutch! Its making what....200 to the wheels if he's lucky. And those 275mm nittos cant hold more than 3500 rpm after a 10 second burnout! They just suck. I have been in cars making a hell of a lot more power than that on BFG DRs that hook much better on the street. The nittos arent much/ if any better than a soft street compound. Hell, BFG KD's hook better than nittos.

w/e i guess this is kind of pointless...you seem to love them for some reason. Thats fine you can run them on your car then. For the money there are FAR better drag radials out there for both the street and the strip.

He's running a STOCK 94gt with a STOCK clutch! Its making what....200 to the wheels if he's lucky. And those 275mm nittos cant hold more than 3500 rpm after a 10 second burnout! They just suck. I have been in cars making a hell of a lot more power than that on BFG DRs that hook much better on the street. The nittos arent much/ if any better than a soft street compound. Hell, BFG KD's hook better than nittos.

w/e i guess this is kind of pointless...you seem to love them for some reason. Thats fine you can run them on your car then. For the money there are FAR better drag radials out there for both the street and the strip.

They were never meant to be able to hold a clutch drop...especially on the street! They are not a slick, and are the best high mileage drag radial tire bar none. BFG KD's don't hold a candle to the traction that nitto DR's offer! FYI, it's not the horsepower that is breaking the tires loose, but the 300 lbs of torque multiplied through the 3.55's.

Seriously, it sounds like you guys are expecting traction comparable to a slick out of a radial tire that is rated for 15k + miles. Hell, I manage 20k miles out of each set of my Nitto's. You would be lucky to achieve half of that with any other brand drag radial.

No, they are not the best hooking drag radial...but there is not a better tires that offers the best of both worlds, traction and mileage.