17 inch wheels

LXstang5.0

Dec 23, 2006
Ohio
i know this is prob. on here already but ive heard some things about 17 inch wheels not fitting on a 90 lx unless you do some modification. just seeing if thats true and so then ill have to go with 16's?

• Sponsors (?)

See sig....

no mods and they're 17's...:shrug:

Actually, car is currently sitting on Bullitt springs and factory 5 upper/lower rear arms.

No rub issues with 245/45's on all corners...others can tell you better what the largest tire size you can fit without problems...i.e. flipped quads/no quads/etc...

need more info. 17 what?? aftermarket 4 bolts or oem 5lugs with 5lug swap? (only because the centercaps might not fit) and if 5lug swap what parts? measure the front end with your fender well, if it's a true +90 fender (a buddy once bought a 91 w/a 87 fender :nonono: ) it will fit. you also have to consider how much of a drop you have. my '00 gt 17's have just enough room with budget drag setup. but because i have lincoln rotors the centercaps don't fit over the dust cap, even if you pound it with a mallet it will not fit. i did hear that the 16's will fit but i can't say for sure cause i've never seen it personally.

91 GT lowered w/FRPP B springs and I don't run over 245/45/17 in the front. Any more and I get rubbing issues... In the back, I'm running 275/40/17 Nitto 555 DR's and all I had to do was roll the fender wells.

Pre 91 Fox's have a 1" narrow opening in the front fender but you'll be fine with 245/45/17's. Buddy of mine is running the same tire size as me but he's got an 89 and no issues....

LB

my P.O.S. is lowered , and even with spacers now, and no problems :)

PDR_0015awheels.jpg

Attachments

• PDR_0015awheels.jpg
    PDR_0015awheels.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 37
I have ROH 17x9.5/275/40/17 in the rear and 17x8.5/245/45/17 in the front. Only issues seem to be on a hard lauch or with weight in the rear there is a bit of rubbing... fender rolling will cure this. Based on what I have seen and heard there is quite a bit of variance from car to car...and set up to set up. But overall 17's don't seem to have many issues fitting.

Luke