17" wheel front/ 18" wheel rear

02GTFTW

Mar 18, 2004
Will having a setup w/ 17" wheels in front and 18" wheels in rear make an 02 stang ride differently?

I was thinking about getting some wider rear wheels and bumping them up to 18" and keeping my stock 17s in the front.

I know some cars are setup like this, and was wondering if this setup would work on the stang.

-PB

• Sponsors (?)

do it and see how it turns out, most good wheel stores will trial mount some wheels if you are serious about buying expensive wheels. If you use stock i'm assuming bullits the 18's are cheap anyways so if you dont like it you can buy 2 more 18's for the front and can sell your old set of wheels to recoup the cost.

^ yes but you can do that with any size rim from 15+, you can get a taller overall height from a 15inch rim. there are 32 inch tall street tires. but I am saying that just because you go to an 18 doesnt mean your going to fill the gap more. Thats all.

I know that just the bigger rim wont fill the wheel well, but id rather not have a huge sidewall if i stayed w/ 17s. Plus if I want some wider rear tires I have to get wider rims, so I figured some 18s might give it a little diff look. Prolly wouldnt be too noticable.

-anyway thanks for the replies.

-PB

yeah ,too big i think, i wouldnt go anymore than 18. oh, and unless you get some light ones, you will feel a difference down low as opposed to the stock ones. just get some deep dish, 10.5 bullitts out back and keep the 8 inch wide ones out front.