17 year old with another disc brake q!!

divad66

Jan 8, 2004
alright so this is my first mustang and i want it to be a daily driver so i want disc brakes on it so it will stop. makes since right. well i am 17 so money is a huge factor and i was looking at some new kits and they wer around $750-1000 and since i work at dairy queen that is way out of my budget. i wanted to know if u could do the whole ebay thing and not got ripped and also how much work is it to put disc brakes on the front of a 66 coupe thanks for yalls help!

• Sponsors (?)

Picked up Granada spindles from the JY for 40 bucks.
2 New rotors about 100.
2 reman clipers 39.
4 bearings 25.
2 new hoses about 35.
2 line adapters from M+ abt 15 (I think).
reman master cylinder abt 25.
reman booster 95.
pedal assembly from JY 50.
new pedal pad about 10.
new brake pads about 20.

Thats about $454 plus new upper ball joints (don't remember what I paid for them).

I could have spend a lot less (or more). I just wanted everything as new as possible. I've seen guys do it with everything straight from the donor car except for a new set of pads. Just don't take chances with your brakes!

check with napa if you go that route on a few of those items he listed napa may have for considerabbly cheaper price,a few in particular i noticed is the calipers they offer for 15.92 +11 core comes with hardware, antirattle clips, etc.. and the rotors with hub assembly are around 74