17's or 18's

Looks like you know it all bro.

Not ALL, just most. Close though.

So you can dislike big wheels now when its the trend but i cant dislike the old mini wheels because its not?

You can like or dislike whatever you want.

If you think it wont be big wheels....then i hope you know some guys in the automotive industry who are designing these cars....they are being designed to accept bigger and bigger wheels. They have the 05 v6 mustang with a sports appearance package that comes STOCK with 19" wheels. And we are debating on 17-18" wheels But who knows where it will be in 20 years.

Uh...okay? In the mid 70s there was a trend among auto companies to lower the compression ratio in their motors to reduce emissions. As far as I know, this never became popular with car guys...trends come and go. This one will go as all the others have.

• Sponsors (?)

xr8d302 said:
wheel.jpg

I have no opinion on the matter.

Sooooo sexy :drool:

:hail2:

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 41
It's whatever that floats you boat. I have the original 17s on my Cobra and they fill the wheel wells very well but I lowered my car a couple of inches and installed Monroe shocks that are made for cars that have been lower 2 or more inches. She is tight, doesn't bottom out and handles rough roads. I prefer to have my car with a very low stance than a high stance which you will have with 18s. Peace

Methodical said:
It's whatever that floats you boat. I have the original 17s on my Cobra and they fill the wheel wells very well but I lowered my car a couple of inches and installed Monroe shocks that are made for cars that have been lower 2 or more inches. She is tight, doesn't bottom out and handles rough roads. I prefer to have my car with a very low stance than a high stance which you will have with 18s. Peace
What is with people saying you will get a high stance with 18s? As long as the OD of the tire is still ~24" (or whatever stock size is...) then the stance shouldnt be much different. :stick: 20s is another story, but the difference between 18s and 17s is not that great. I guess it is big enough for some people to dislike though. :shrug:

None of the cars pictured with 18s look like they have a high stance to me...

SN95StangMan said:
What is with people saying you will get a high stance with 18s? As long as the OD of the tire is still ~24" (or whatever stock size is...) then the stance shouldnt be much different. :stick: 20s is another story, but the difference between 18s and 17s is not that great. I guess it is big enough for some people to dislike though. :shrug:

None of the cars pictured with 18s look like they have a high stance to me...

They are high or too high for me.