17x7.5 inch wheels w/245/45s?

sixt9coug

Sep 30, 2009
Norwalk SoCal
Well I am a strange bastard and I have a tendancy to go for strange styles on my cars. I have a chance to get some wheels for the 94 and they are 17x7.5s all the way around. Will a 245/45 work ok on it and is anyone here running something similar?

That is only on the fronts, I will be getting something wider for the back of course.

• Sponsors (?)

i think thats a bit big for a 7.5" rim. 245 is just over 9.5" of tire. thats a lot of meat to try and force onto a 2" smaller wheel. Your talking like 205 tires on there.

Honestly I think it'll be fine. A 245 is too narrow for a 17X9. I switched my 17X9 Bogarts to 17X8's so my 245's didn't look so out of place and stretched. They fit perfect IMO. I don't think the 1/2" smaller wheel will be any real detriment.

Honestly I think it'll be fine. A 245 is too narrow for a 17X9. I switched my 17X9 Bogarts to 17X8's so my 245's didn't look so out of place and stretched. They fit perfect IMO. I don't think the 1/2" smaller wheel will be any real detriment.

That is kind of the same reasoning that I have too. The factory 17x8s had 245/45s on them So I just wanted to be sure.

I stuffed 275/40s on the same 17x8s as well. Kind of a pain to get on the wheel but it's not bad once it's on the car. In fact, my mom has those old wheels now on her Mustang. I would be using those (02 Bullitts that used to be on my Cougar with Nitto 555s) but she likes them and doesn't want me to take them back. Oh well... its momma so what are you gonna do? lol

I run a 245 on my stock ponies... Which are 16x7... Fits fine. Has a bit of a 'meaty look' - the tires have lasted way longer than I originally expected, and the wear pattern and contact area is flawless.