17x9 / 17x10.5 DD Bullitts ???

TrickFlowd

May 17, 2003
Sayre, PA
I found a set of wheels I would like to buy on the national classifieds. I'm kind of nervous sending the money since I don't know this person. The guy has paypal and gave me his phone number to call before I sent the money...but what you guys think? :shrug: The wheels are a decent deal and in excellent condition from the pics. No tires included. Wheels only.

They are 17x9 and 17x10.5 DD bullitts that I want for my fox. Iam converting to 94-95 5lug in the front and 5 lug moser 31 spline axles for the rear leaving the drum brakes for now. Will these wheels fit my car properly without looking retarded as far as offset? The kid has no idea what offset they are. I plan on doing Cervinis Cobra kit and a set of springs here soon. Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

More than likely if they are 10.5s you will have to run a .500 spacer first off. Then you will have to roll your wheel lips and massage the inner wheel well. Lots of work for that extra .500 imo. And also do some research for the perfect rear tire size. Fronts shouldnt be an issue though.

that information is incorrect. you will not need a spacer, and they will barely fit. your ride height will have to be rather tall in the rear because the tires will be even with the fenders. even if you do roll them.

its a tight fit, but it has been done.

Nova is right. They will be right out to the edge. Rolling won't help, and most likely you will damage your paint if you roll them in. I rolled mine on my 81 but I am painting it soon. I didn't crack the paint on the soild spots. It did crack the paint and roll the outer lip in where there was a rust scab. IF you have any rust at all, don't do it unless you plan to do body and paint work.

Why roll the lips and create a water/rust pocket.

I used a free cut wheel on a die grinder and trimmed my well lip untill everything cleared. Nice and clean, touched up the paint and never had a problem.

Why roll the lips and create a water/rust pocket.

I used a free cut wheel on a die grinder and trimmed my well lip untill everything cleared. Nice and clean, touched up the paint and never had a problem.

TECH TIP: When I rolled my fender lips :
#1 I cleaned and inspected then for no dirt or rust
#2 Heat area with heat gun (this makes the paint stretch instead of crack)
#3 Roll lips to a 45* angle ( this will insure that it will not cut a tire)
#4 Put a LARGE bead of seam sealer in the newly created "trough"

The only problam I have with the cut off wheel(and I have used this method as well) is you can still cut a tire.