17x9 w/275's on a fox?

• Sponsors (?)

You can fit a 245/45 usually with no issues all the way around although on pre 91 models some have rub issues up front.

I put a 17" x 8" with 245/45/17 on a 88 I built for a guy and had no issues at all.
331301_9_full.jpg

The only issue that I have is that they rub the fender extensions. They have ruined the ones that I have, but I am going to try and repair them and trim them so they dont rub anymore. Other than that they do not rub the control arms or the fender itself.
The other problem that I had is that I have to run a 1/4" spacer due to the coilovers.
Pa230002.jpg

P3140005.jpg

I run 275 40 17s in all 4 corners, but I also have modified wheel base with the Griggs front end.
I have some pics on my website on the modifications that are necessary to do in order to push the front fenders out and where I trimmed the LX fiberglass fender extensions. All thats necessary with the extensions is to cut them so that the part that is inside the fenderwell is all the same width. Factory they start around 1" at the top and then widen to a little over 2" at the bottom.

Heres the Fender modifications link to the pics on my site.

Stang951 said:
So basically I have to extend the brace the holds the lower fender in place, and then trim any excess from the fender extension that rubs on the tire, correct?

I eliminated the stock brace and made another one thats closer to the wheel well opening. In the location where the stock one is it will push the front bumper out way to far in order to accomplish tire clearance.
It all depends on your car wether or not this is even necessary. You may be able to get by with just rolling the fenders and cutting the fender extensions.

I had to push mine out because I have a Griggs tubular K with Severe duty control arms so my tires are actually moved forward. Combine that with the 17x9 R58 Cobra Rs and 275 40 17s and theres a lot of clearance issues.