17x9 wheels??

LXstang5.0

Dec 23, 2006
Ohio
whats up everybody? i got a 90 lx and was wonder if 17x9 rims with 245/45/17 tires will fit or will it rub? also the wheels i might get are the 4 lug shelby gt500 rims...they are black machined and if any has picks of there ride with those that would be greatly appreciated :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I would say it depends on the Backspace of your Wheels, if they rub up front you can install some Rack Limiters and it they rub out back you can flip your quads and roll your fenderwell lips.

Depending on your offset in the front, 17x9s will most likely rub. I have a 24mm offset on 17x9s and they rub pretty bad stop to stop on turning - metal to metal bad. My rears are the same offset and I had to roll the fender lip to clear for when the body runs on turns. I also removed my rear quads, so i don't have to worry about the inner side rubbing.

17x8s or smaller with a 24mm or less offset will work best. I think a 17x9 with a 0 offset wouldn't rub on the inner part of the wheel...but the rim might stick out past the fender, which is never good.

do all you guys have lowered cars or what? i have 17x10.5 rims all around, with 245/45/17's up front, and 275/40/17's in the rear. no clearance problems. (did flip quads though)

You actually fit 10.5in rims up front with a 245 width tire? I don't even think that is possible...my 245s on my 9in wide rims is a stretch.

And it isn't about being lowered for the front...it is about turning the wheel stop to stop and the inside of the rim (lip) will hit backside of the lower control arm. If you have 10.5in rims up front, and aren't hitting when turning the wheel all the way, your offset is way positive and your rims stick out way past the fender. You sure you have 10.5in rims up front?

As for the rear, 10.5in rims will only fit with a large positive offset, or some fender lip rolling and inner fender banging - I don't even think the quad shock can be there.

What is the offset on your rims?