18' or 17' RIMS???

TonyDiamonz

Oct 9, 2000
I have about 3 hours left to make a final decison on 17' chrome cobra r's or 18' chrome saleen rims for my stang. I do plan on having my stang lowered (eibach springs). Need opinions and suggestion really quick.(as i am getting them from an ebay dealer) Thanx !!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I think that 18's will give you better show look, that's if you do lower the car and maybe do some body work. But if you want performance, your car might be better set up for 17's, at least that's what think.

Thanx!! I'm going for more of a show appearance right now. Next week i'm having it lowered, dual exhaust, sunroof, fog lights, and the tires and rims mounted. I just payed my stang off and I use it as my everyday commuter car for the spring and summer. I do plan on doing some engine work, more than likely a supercharger and replace the necessary componets.

I have 18" wheels and tires on my 02 mustang and i am planning on lowering my car with the eibach prokit this summer. It should look really good. I have the saleen rims and they look great! You can tell a difference buying the 18s over the 17s and you don't lose much performance going with a 18, but the tires are more expensive because of the bigger wheel.

Oh yeah and i bought my wheels on ebay so good luck! Mine were nice

I just put on 17" cobra Rs, i would have gone with the saleens or even 18" cobras but it wasa price issue. I also put on some yokohama AVS sport tires, i find it grips MUCH better than before with the stock 16". Now what am i going to do with these stock rims....?

Hey thanx!!! I called the shop in FL and they have a large stock of 18' saleen rims. So i do have some time to get them. I guess the next question is, should I get chrome or the polished rims? I do alot of everyday driving in my stang. The repair on damaged chrome wheels are far more expensive than polished, but chrome probably will look alot better. The price is not an issue, I just appreciate good solid advice. I will post the before and after pictures while the work is being completed.