18" polished saleens or 18" silver cobra rs?

laser2kgt

Feb 18, 2004
Laredo, TX
  • Sponsors (?)

laser2kgt said:
i saw these two rims for on ebay and i cant decide which will look better on my laser red 00' gt coupe. a friend of mine said to get the silver cobra rs cuz theyre supposedly lighter, but i dont know. all i really care about is the looks. see for yourselves:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2479742949&category=43958

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2479742958&category=43958

I would never do another polished rim unless I get a heck of a deal on them. Too much of a hassle. I would most likely go with the R's.

P.S. If you get them, change the center caps.

"I would never do another polished rim unless I get a heck of a deal on them. Too much of a hassle. I would most likely go with the R's." why do u say so about polished? do they lose their shine or wut? they look pretty cool. :shrug:

laser2kgt said:
"I would never do another polished rim unless I get a heck of a deal on them. Too much of a hassle. I would most likely go with the R's." why do u say so about polished? do they lose their shine or wut? they look pretty cool. :shrug:

Yes, they lose their shine. I mean yeah when they are clean and polished up they look great, but it's a lot of work to keep them looking that way. Plan on polishing them at least 4-5 times each summer. You can't run them in the winter months because the salt will absolutely destroy them and then you'll put hours upon hours into wet sanding the wheels and repolishing (trust me, been there, done that :doh: ). Then to seal the polish you need to get zoops seal and coat the entire wheel after you polish it and that's not cheap. With the silver or even chrome all you do is wash and dry them and you're done. Just my $.02. I'm just giving you my experiences with them.

thanks a lot man. i guess ill avoid polished wheels then. would these silver cobras still look nice on my stang? i was actually searching for chrome cobra r's but damn, theyre expensive!!! these cost about half of chromed ones!!!

laser2kgt said:
thanks a lot man. i guess ill avoid polished wheels then. would these silver cobras still look nice on my stang? i was actually searching for chrome cobra r's but damn, theyre expensive!!! these cost about half of chromed ones!!!

Yes, they will look good. There are several people on here that have them and there are a lot of pictures of different cars with these wheels on this site. Just do a search.