18" Saleen Wheels on a foxbody

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by MLee23, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Nice pic! I wonder if there were any other mods done, other than the 5 lug conversion to get those babies to fit? I can get the Saleen rims in 18x9 all around too, would that be better than 18x10's in back?

2. That car looks down right scinister!!! Any more pictures?

3. Those are some of the secksiest cars I have ever had the pleasure to view. What is it about a black mustang???

4. It's like Henry originally said "you can have it in any color you want as long as it's black".

5. That's exactly the look I'm looking for :) They 18x9's all the way around? I see some site's have the saleen rims in 17x9 too, but if I can go 18", I'd love too.

6. Here's a pic of my 89 4cyl to 5.0 coupe project. I bought these wheels and tires used. The front came with 265/35/18's and the rear has 295/35/18's on them. The front is fine but the rear scrubs. The tires are to wide. I used a hammer to tap in a few places on the fender well and used an 1/8" spacer but it still scrubs when I make a turn or go over an uneven surface. If you get the 10's for the back, get a 285/35/18.
    p2050975br8.jpg

7. Looks good! What springs are you using in the rear?

8. Those wheels look so good on a Fox.

9. I have a question. I'm getting ready to do a 5 lug conversion with cobra brakes and I've been checking out wheels, I was going to put 17x9's on but found a good deal on a set of 18x9's. Now from looking at the pics above (which were awesome!) my question is if I put the 18's on can I still lower my fox? I was looking to lower it a inch or so.

10. You can still lower it with 18's. Mine is lowered some but I don't know how much. I got the springs from a parts car. The rear of my car is not as low as it looks in the pic when its on level ground.

11. +1

12. I love them on a Fox too....I just hate the price of 18" tires.

They need to come down in price if 18's are now standard on many new cars.

13. What are the price of cheaper tires in 18"?