1806 Edelbrock Issues

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by TrippinPop, Jul 29, 2013.

1. TrippinPop

TrippinPop Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I had an air cleaner melt (the triangle foam sort.... never doing that again) and I decided to take my carb off and give it a good cleaning. It's a 1806 Edelbrock and I changed no settings and only replaced the 2 major gaskets and cleaned out the melted air filter. I then put it back on turned the key and..... continued to turn it... it wont start. Engine turns and fuel is going in. Any ideas? It could be something simple im typically a body guy and trying the under hood thing pretty much first time.
  2. woodsnake

woodsnake Active Member

Did you disconnect or move any wires to get room, to get the carb off? How "melted" was the foam filter? Is there any chance some of the melted foam got further into the carb than you first thought?
  3. TrippinPop

TrippinPop Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Melted as in on fire and had to take my coat off wrap what was left of the air cleaner and toss it aside while it was burning. But the car would start and run fine after that. just wanted to get it cleaned up.
  4. TrippinPop

TrippinPop Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Oh and only disconnected the electric choke. Positive lead only.
  5. rbohm

rbohm Founding Member

did you reconnect the choke lead? if not that can be part of your problem. how do you know you are getting fuel through the carb? did you watch the accelerator pump pump fuel into the engine? did you touch the idle mixture screws?