186k miles OMG!

ok my friend has a 99 cobra that has 186k miles... motor sounds great and burns no oil that i have seen doesnt seem to leak any either. he is afraid to do ANYTHING to it untill its rebuilt because he thinks that its going to blow up in his face any second now... should he worry about this or since it everything seems find should he be using all 4 valvs as hard as he can?

• Sponsors (?)

thats what i said... but i guess he doesnt understand engines... he thinks that since its a 99 COBRA that its been beat to hell and back... i think that its probably a lot of highway miles bcause thats a lot for a 99... atleast i think it is. some seafoam and your usual, i just got a used car stuff, and it should be good for mods... i dont think hes done a compression test on it yet... but i hope to change that soon.

Next time you see a cabbie ask him how many miles his taxi has. Chances are it's WELL over 150K.

Then watch him gun it from the red light and take off.

Chances are that poor car was abused as a police car for the first 80-100K miles of it's life.

Ford did it's research with the 4.6L, with proper care they will last

RoadconeTuning said:
thats what i said... but i guess he doesnt understand engines... he thinks that since its a 99 COBRA that its been beat to hell and back... i think that its probably a lot of highway miles bcause thats a lot for a 99... atleast i think it is. some seafoam and your usual, i just got a used car stuff, and it should be good for mods... i dont think hes done a compression test on it yet... but i hope to change that soon.
just tell him taxi cabs vics have 4.6L's in them and have over 200K on them, and you know how those cabbys drive

If it engine is in good shape, the engine is in good shape. Mileage becomes almost irrelevent at that point if the engine is in great running condition and is being properly maintained.