18x9 03 cobras, need tires

BlkDragon

Sep 7, 2003
St. Louis
I need rubber for my 18x9s, what do you guys suggest. I'm thinking 275/35 but I figured I'd ask first...On a side, I bought them used so I what to clean them up before I get the tires mounted. I've never had polished rims before, is there a secret to cleaning? I'm going with soap/water and a few coats of zaino..Thanks in advance. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

BlkDragon said:
I need rubber for my 18x9s, what do you guys suggest. I'm thinking 275/35 but I figured I'd ask first...On a side, I bought them used so I what to clean them up before I get the tires mounted. I've never had polished rims before, is there a secret to cleaning? I'm going with soap/water and a few coats of zaino..Thanks in advance. :flag:

275/35/18s are a good size. You could put 265's up front or 285's in the back but then you wouldn't be able to rotate them. :nice:

BlkDragon said:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/219150/11
I use Zymol car wax on my rims. I would recommned going 265/35/18 in front vs. 275/35 because even with the 265/35's i get some rubbing on full lock turns, no big deal, but 275's would be slightly worse. Rears fit 275/35 very nicely

-wade

wms004 said:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/219150/11
I use Zymol car wax on my rims. I would recommned going 265/35/18 in front vs. 275/35 because even with the 265/35's i get some rubbing on full lock turns, no big deal, but 275's would be slightly worse. Rears fit 275/35 very nicely

-wade

Great looking car. I'll look into the 265s, rotating my tires isn't a huge concern. Maybe I'll go 265s in front 285s in back.

I'll give zymol a shot. What type of finish do you have on your rims?

BlkDragon said:
Great looking car. I'll look into the 265s, rotating my tires isn't a huge concern. Maybe I'll go 265s in front 285s in back.

I'll give zymol a shot. What type of finish do you have on your rims?
I have the machined aluminum finish with silver cutouts. They are shinier in person.. the one pic on my site of the rear wheel kinda shows it