18x9 Gt500 Wheel

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by hsean, Jul 22, 2014.

1. i love these wheels and i am leaning on buying them i know it probably has been covered but before i spend money on wheels and tires i want to be absolutely sure i won't have any rubbing issues.my question without rolling fenders and best look what tire size look best and won't give me a headache.i really want to stay away from rack limiters in the front too.i have the eibach pro kit btw

2. I have those wheels s in a 17 x 9 and they rub a touch when hard turns are made but my car is lowered as well.

85rkyboby likes this.
  3. so what tires did you go with and what lowering springs?any pics?

4. my car has the 91-93 fenders which i forgot to mention

5. its a 90 coupe , 245/45/zr 17 i think. DSC02192.JPG

85rkyboby likes this.
  6. I'm running 275's on the back of mine. Definitely need to roll the fenders for that. My car is lowered as well and rubs on turns. When I adjust my shocks for road course, they don't. I like them, haven't seen one locally with the same wheels!

7. Ah, my fault.

8. The ones you're interested in have about a half inch more backspacing but an added inch of wheel compared to our gt500 (07).

9. I think I am going to stick with my 17x8 OEM 99 cobras for now. The 245/45/17 tires on there now look like crap out back. Definately need a wider tire for the rear. What's a good tire size for the rear?

10. Street tires or DR's? I prefer the 275's. People on the internet say you can fit 275 on an 8 inch wheel, I personally can't tell you if it will fit or not. I think backspacing plays a bigger roll as to if it will fit properly.

11. I'm Partial to 315 myself

12. Are you running that on a 8" wide wheel?

13. No. Not really.

85rkyboby and tannerc91gt like this.
  14. I mean it's eight inches at one point.

tannerc91gt likes this.
  15. Haha got a picture or a few details on the setup?

16. Lol. It's a 10.5 inch wheel. The 8 mark is in there somewhere.

17. I understood what you were saying lol.