18x9 saleen wheel dilema !help!

racer_inboston

Founding Member
Feb 2, 2002
boston, ma
Ok so i went and bought a used set of saleen oem 18x9 wheels..turns out these are 12mm offset, and 5.3" backspacing. I'm hesitant to do the five lug conversion if these wouldn't work....I did the tirewheel size calculator on Wheel / tire size calculator / comparer - RIMSnTIRES.com and I think they would work compared with the stock turbines on my 1990 wich are 22mm backspacing.
any input on this and what I need to do to make my new wheels work besides the five lug conversion? tks lots fellas

racer.

• Sponsors (?)

I know for a fact that people on here are running 18x9 with a 24mm offset(aftermarket saleen replicas) and some are running 4 , 18x9 with a 25mm authentic saleen wheels all around. Saleen used 24mm 18x9's upfront and 19x9's with a 12mm offset out back, with an optional 18x10 outback with something like a 36mm offset i think...My question is, IS IS POSSIBLE to use the wheels I already bought that are authentic Saleen wheels with a 12mm offset on my 1990 fox, and if so whay do i need to do?

(dont ask me why I have all four wheels in this offset because i didnt want to pass the deal so I just bought them lol )

tks
Racer