19 lb injectors in speed density car

redstang50

Feb 12, 2009
Grants Pass, OR
i just bought a '87 lincoln mark 7 and i just put on the stock intake, TB, and 19 lb injectors that came off of my HO mustang. this car is speed density instead of Mass air like my mustang. the stock injectors were 14 lb. now the car doesnt run well at all, not sure if its timing or what?? is there anything you have to do for a speed density car when you put in bigger injectors?(like how u need a new MAF calibrated for bigger injectors)

• Sponsors (?)

the only to do would convert to mass air, or possibly change to a mustang SD ECU. The factory computer is telling the 19's to stay on for the same length of time as the 14's, causing to much fuel to be introduced into the cylinders. I dont know of anyway to change the injector pulse width other then a custom tune. I dont know if it can be done on a SD car. Just get a Mass Air harness and swap it out, or throw the stock injectors back in.

A Mark VII uses 19# injectors from the factory on the 5.0.They have an H.O just like the Stang,but no Mass AIr.....Unless it's not the stock engine and has an SO 5.0 replacement.