1965 Fastback Power Steering Convertion??

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by Busamike, May 6, 2014.

1. Busamike

Busamike New Member

Hi guys, posted on another place here but no response so, I need pwr steering, how? Do not want to spend the thousand or so for a kit. Any other alternatives. I have the granada disc conv. so is there something simular for the steering?? I can turn a wrench just need some direction on how to proceed or go with the kit. Thanks, Mike
  2. rbohm

rbohm Founding Member

unfortunately your basic options are some sort of kit, or find a mustang of your year with power assist and rip the needed parts from that car to put in yours. i like the borgeson kit, or you can buy the borgeson steering box alone and piece together the rest of the needed parts.
  3. Busamike

Busamike New Member

Thanks for your reply. Thats what I needed to know. Is it a complete kit? All Ill need? Thanks again, Ill look it up now. Mike
  4. horse sence

horse sence Please don't call me Mom SN Certified Technician

You can buy it as a complete kit ,that is what i did for my 69. Very simple install . A friend of mine just did a 66 convertible with a fuel injected 5.0 and only bought the box ,he used his 5.0 pump and said he loves it .
  5. rbohm

rbohm Founding Member

it is a complete kit, at least as complete as borgeson can make it. you might have to deal with little details that crop up every time you do anything like this.
  6. Busamike

Busamike New Member

Thanks again. Info I needed. Im looking into it.