1965 Mustang rust repair

• Sponsors (?)

There was a lot of rust in the rear torque boxes so Brian added a brace and than will repair one at a time.

99.jpg

100.jpg

Once the torque box was removed he noticed a little rust in the rocker so he made a patch

102.jpg

Question, would you rather take a car that is rusty but nice and straight and replace cancered out panels, frame sections and bracing with new steel, or take a car that was punched in the ass and shows signs of tweaked frames, shock access holes that are taco'd out and misaligned panels and doors and straighten it out?

Question, would you rather take a car that is rusty but nice and straight and replace cancered out panels, frame sections and bracing with new steel, or take a car that was punched in the ass and shows signs of tweaked frames, shock access holes that are taco'd out and misaligned panels and doors and straighten it out?

I would rather fix rust since I have no experience with major collision work or the equipment to straighten bent frames but we could cut out the damaged area and replace it so I guess we could fix it.

I was asking because with a straight car you can make a jig out of your dolly to keep things where they go. When stuff is bent it aint as easy because stuff aint where it goes. So it involves a lot more measuring and hammering and bending and forming, even just to get the new replacement parts to go on right.

I love my coupes and prefer to see as many survive as possible, but unless that car is something special I think far too much money is going to be spent saving it.