1965 Radio Repair Dash Panel

• Sponsors (?)

Its a straight forward repair. Only thing I suggest is not using the whole patch. I actually cut the hole in dash where it had been cut for the radio as a square as possible with a dremel and a small cut off wheel. Then i messured the hole in the dash and cut just that from the patch and tack welded it in place. If you use the entire patch you can run into problems with the gauge bezel and glove box not wanting to close properly. Some pathces are not made to exacting standards and do not really match the old dash. Ive done them both ways and using just the radio section of the patch is much easier and yields better results in my opinion. Be carfull welding to, i had to stich it nice and slow, The dash will warp easy, proably spent an hour welding it. A few tacks at a time and then let it cool and weld agin. Good luck

Its a straight forward repair. Only thing I suggest is not using the whole patch. I actually cut the hole in dash where it had been cut for the radio as a square as possible with a dremel and a small cut off wheel. Then i messured the hole in the dash and cut just that from the patch and tack welded it in place. If you use the entire patch you can run into problems with the gauge bezel and glove box not wanting to close properly. Some pathces are not made to exacting standards and do not really match the old dash. Ive done them both ways and using just the radio section of the patch is much easier and yields better results in my opinion. Be carfull welding to, i had to stich it nice and slow, The dash will warp easy, proably spent an hour welding it. A few tacks at a time and then let it cool and weld agin. Good luck