1966 Mustang wont crank over with key

Discussion in '1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-' started by Mike Schwaderer, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Mike Schwaderer

Mike Schwaderer New Member

All, I know I'm sorry but I've read quite a bit of information about Electrical troubleshooting online. My project car will not crank with the key the voltage regulator just clicks. I can crank the engine from the positive side of the starter solenoid jumping across the terminals. The cars is a complete restoration everything is new battery and wiring included front to back. The car used to be an automatic and now a 5speed so the Red-blue terminal connections on fire wall is not plugged into anything because of no Neutral start swich. Will this cause the car not to crank with key? Or will the voltage regulator? Any advice is appreciated.

2. Realmongo

Realmongo I prefer to be called "Evil Genius"
    Founding Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    You will have to simulate the automatic in Park or Neutral with a jumper wire to close the interlock.

3. Mike Schwaderer

Mike Schwaderer New Member

Thanks for the advice but it's a no go, still won't crank with the key. The voltage regulator just locks in. Any other ideas or does anyone know how to isolate the voltage regulator?

Thanks