1967 GT350 Clone

A good friend finally finished his 1967 Shelby GT350 Clone. He had it appraised for insurance purposes: $40,000.

Attachments

• REG1.jpg
    REG1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 155
  • REG2.jpg
    REG2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 161
  • Sponsors (?)

Nice car. I'd be interested to know some specs, like engine, trans, suspension and interior. I hope to finish my clone in a couple months and even though I did everything myself, it's still going to come in around $25,000. I have all the receipts, but that doesn't really cover the labor part of a total, stripped to nothing rebuild. How does insurance tally that into the total value of the car?

zookeeper said:
Nice car. I'd be interested to know some specs, like engine, trans, suspension and interior. I hope to finish my clone in a couple months and even though I did everything myself, it's still going to come in around $25,000. I have all the receipts, but that doesn't really cover the labor part of a total, stripped to nothing rebuild. How does insurance tally that into the total value of the car?

as for the engine, he decided on a 347 with canfield heads. the 347 sports a scat crank and rods and i can't remember what pistons he went with. He is a bargin shopper and seems to always find the deals. the Trans is a top loader 4-speed using a center force clutch and the rear end is a 9 inch with 4:11 gears. i don't know much about the suspension other then i know he did the lowering trick up front. he did the disc brake swap in the rear. he has a lot of labor in getting the shelby parts to fit and align. I don't know the insurance thing works. i am curious myself.

Attachments

• reg3.jpg
    reg3.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 120
  • reg4.jpg
    reg4.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 123