1967 Shock Towers - SOHC Engine

Stock geometry is good (modifiable to be excelent) and a lot can be done for clearance to retain the stock setup.
I agree with this for sure, and I don't mean to be too harsh with what I said about the critics of the MII. A little harsh, just not too harsh. It's just that I've never seen anyone produce one shred of evidence of a structural failure in a Mustang with a modern Heidt's MII-type suspension. When I see some evidence (not just hearsay or what Fatman Fab says in his ads) I'll believe it.

• Sponsors (?)

OOOOHHHHHHH I say in anouther thread that I like my Heidts set up and EVERYONE says its JUNK but Reen says its good stuff (and I respect his opinion more than most here) and Heidts is great!! BTW the "you will be beat down" was sarcasim toward all the other holes here that told me I was a "darwin award winner" for using Heidts but NOT one of them could show a pic or any other proof of what they were saying was true (just like Reen says above). I am really starting to dislike this site because of all the BS people post without a clue.......................................:notnice:

I did it on my stang.
Cut out the old, made cardboard templates, cut and shaped steel plates, welded them in, cleaned up welds and painted.

I now have 29" between the shock towers.
Hopfully you can tell by the pic,
Its just 408w but has tons of room.

Hey Greg0

Hi Greg037:

If you were to ahve a look at your installation do you think you woudl be able to get another 2-4 inches out if if teh notching plate wasn't flat as in teh above posted pic, but instead was in teh shape of the letter "v" on its side?

btw - WICKED RIDE.

This is not something that is available yet.

I have seen about enough parts to build about 3 "new" cammers. These parts are made in Australia. These are now available cause the guy I was talking about is building one to go in a aluminum cobra. Here's a few pictures....

dscf0112.jpg

mock up
img_0403.jpg

img_2120.jpg

dscf0162.jpg

img_2134.jpg

dscf0999.jpg

mvc-011f.jpg

Attachments

• dscf0112.jpg
    dscf0112.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 67
  • img_0403.jpg
    img_0403.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 95
  • img_2120.jpg
    img_2120.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 91
  • dscf0162.jpg
    dscf0162.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 60
  • img_2134.jpg
    img_2134.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 87
  • dscf0999.jpg
    dscf0999.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 60
  • mvc-011f.jpg
    mvc-011f.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 101
OOOOHHHHHHH I say in anouther thread that I like my Heidts set up and EVERYONE says its JUNK but Reen says its good stuff (and I respect his opinion more than most here) and Heidts is great!! BTW the "you will be beat down" was sarcasim toward all the other holes here that told me I was a "darwin award winner" for using Heidts but NOT one of them could show a pic or any other proof of what they were saying was true (just like Reen says above). I am really starting to dislike this site because of all the BS people post without a clue.......................................:notnice:

I only think a MII is bad without a full cage and front down tubes. I got this opinion from my drag chassis guy as he's right about 97% of the time. He's built several sub 8 and sub 7 second small tire cars without full chassis so I'm kinda defering to his judgement. No one MII's a early mustang to leave the 185 HP stock engine in there, it's usually to go bigger and badder. Now granted, you're likely not putting a 1000HP engine in there but a 500 TQ 385 series will likely do some damage eventually. If I drop a iron 460 head on my foot while wearing my flip flops (we called them thongs back in the day), I'm guessing there will be some damage. Do I know anyone who has done this or do I have pictures? No, but I'm thinking I don't need any. Could I build a car as you say and prove to you that it can happen? Sure, but I don't have the extra cash laying around just to tear something up on purpose. I'm not saying it can't be done and I'm not saying it can't be successful, all I'm saying is, I don't recommend it and you can take my recommendation for what it's worth.