1968 cougar EFI - TRICK FLOW!! LENTECH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cougar_68

Founding Member
Jun 6, 2001
Garrett, IN
1968 Cougar - See signature for engine mods. This car is super clean! I'm the second owner. The story I got from the original owner is as follows:
The family purchased the car new when they lived in Chicago. They had a double coating of undercoat applied when they purchased it. Two years after purchasing the car they moved to California where the car resided up until 8 years before I bought it. At that time the family moved to Indiana and the car sat in storage for the next 8 years. I bought the car in the fall of '98.

Ever since I have owned the car I have put it away before first snow fall and only gotten it out in the spring after the road salt had been washed away. The car has minimal surface rust from small door dings and on the sharp edges where the paint has managed to come off. The paint is faded as you can tell from the picutes and it definitely needs a paint job. Other than that the car is in great shape.

The interior has been freshened up a bit. As you can see from the pictures, the teal has been dialed down a little by adding black as an accent color. The lower dash has been painted black and the chrome pieces re-chromed. The dark green carpet was replaced with black carpet. The teal and black theme was carried out into the seats which are teal with black inserts.

The engine runs great. You should see the jaws drop when you hit the remote start. There is plenty of power. The throttle is very responsive. There is no hesitation what-so-ever. The engine is backed by a Lentech transmission. www.lentechautomatics.com This transmission is one tough cookie. It's got the semi-manual valve body, so you can shift all day or let it click the gears for you. The over-drive is almost mandatory with the 4.11 gears.

Finally my reason for selling, I just bought a new house and I would like to simplify a little by going from two down to one vehicle. Also it would be nice to get rid of my 97 explorer and get something a little nicer. Don't get me wrong though, I don't absolutely have to sell this so I will keep it if I don't get a good offer for it.

Thanks for your time!

IMG_1698.JPG

cougar4.JPG

IMG_3015.JPG

IMG_3011.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.