Expired 1968 Mustang Convertible Padded Console - Manual Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

68 Clone

Mar 7, 2003
Hadley MA
This came as original equipment in my 68 Mustang Convertible. Original Light Blue in color. I have repainted and redyed the original color, although I did several extra coats to richen up the color to match the same treatment I did on my doors and dash. So deeper color than original. Obviously you can paint / dye to match your interior.

Overall condition is excellent... I had to repair one of the metal mounting ears for the radio / garage door housing after some dumb *** (me) tried to bend it slightly. Using JB Weld & metal reinforcement it is sturdy, out of sight, and fuctions fine. I also repaired a few cracks in the base, most being under the shifter plate.

There is one split in the vinyl about 1" long, but it is under the shifter plate and not likely to ever become an issue down the road.

There are no seat belt cups or console to floor mounting screws.

Wiring is all there and in great shape. Light bulbs in rear light tested and working. Hairline crack in new repro light lens.

Radio Pad seems to have a slight separation from metal backing near the top, but appears fully usable, or maybe it's the way it's supposed to be, (never had one before so I'm guessing) but it looks and works fine when set in place.

If I were keeping my convertible, there is no way I would be selling this console. However I am redirecting as many funds as possible into my Shelby clone (AKA "The Money Pit")... so off it goes to a good home.

For a 40 year old console, this is damn nice! Is it perfect? This is about as nice as you will find in a 40+ year old padded console.

$550 + UPS shipping ... or local pickup welcome

Looking for a 4 spd Toploader RUG - E2 in working order complete with shift rods. Can work trade with someone local near western MA.

Located in Hadley MA 01035

Attachments

• 066.JPG
    066.JPG
    832.2 KB · Views: 1,843
  • 063.JPG
    063.JPG
    672.3 KB · Views: 2,750
Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Hi guys, I'm not on here all that often, but let me update you on this console. I shipped it cross country to Cali, and my employer UPS broke the base all to hell. I work for them, and know what it takes to pack something to (as they say at big brown) "make it through the system", unfortunately they have a policy of trying to not pay claims, so they denied mine and I'm out $525 plus another $68 for shipping.... Insert swear words here!

If anyone is interested, I have the top plate, which is not chrome or painted black, but "painted chrome"... it looks pretty good but it is not original... can be had for a reasonable offer. Also have the padded top and garage door pieces ... same thing, make an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.